PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

What to do?

buckeye fanz
11-05-2004, 09:29 AM
I'm wondering if it's time to move Diablo, our four month old oketee up to 3 pinkies a feed. I fed him the usual two on Wednesday and most times he hides until digested, but last night, not even 24 hours after his meal he was out and about, looking around and even climbing up the sides of the viv. I really want to use up the pinkies I have before I buy him bigger mice. What do you think?

Thanks,
Nicole

norbert03
11-05-2004, 10:00 AM
albino was very active a day after feeding last week, usually, he too hides away for two or three days. i give him one a week still because the one time i gave him two was the only time he regurgitated. i will probably start giving him two in a few weeks because he is growing rather fast now. i don't think i would give norbert more than two pinks during a feeding because it seems like a lot for such a little guy...mine is older than yours. at least 8 months. if you give him three i'd be sure to wait at least an extra 24 hours before handling him.

jzal8
11-05-2004, 10:44 AM
my corn is only three months old and eating 2 fuzzies a feeding. Its important to move them up as soon as they are ready so that they get all the nutrition they require. After your corn takes two pinkies down easily, its smart to move straight to small fuzzies. save the pinkies and when your corn is ready feed it a fuzzy and a pinkie if you wanna get rid of those extra pinkies. 4 months is most likely mor than enough time to have moved up :cheers:

norbert03
11-05-2004, 10:52 AM
you learn something new everyday :) bring on the fuzzballs.

:grabbit:

MegF.
11-05-2004, 11:53 PM
I agree with Jzal. If they're eating two food items and are still out looking for food right away, it's time to move up to the next size food item.

drizzt_19
11-05-2004, 11:57 PM
It may be time to move up the chain but you can also feed him three pinks a feeding til you get rid of the ones you have...

Jynx
11-08-2004, 11:44 PM
remember its easier on the snake to take a few smaller items then one really big one. If your snake is big enough, move it up. If your not sure, you might want to go to 3 pinks then instead of fuzzies. You can try giving him a fuzzy, but see how he takes it...if he has any problems getting his mouth about it, or getting it down, or if he is taking a really long time, then stick with pinks until he gains a little more girth.

DAND
11-09-2004, 05:54 AM
Sounds like there is only one answer to your dilemma;

1.) Buy some fuzzies for this snake

2.) Then you'll have to buy another snake to finish off the pinks.

buckeye fanz
11-09-2004, 09:55 AM
I wish! I am trying to talk hubby into another corn, but no luck yet. I have become a snake lover! (Never thought I'd say that!)

JeanH
11-09-2004, 05:08 PM
You and me both. I was able to get two because we took my 11 year old step son with us to the show and of course I had to buy him one too. lol! I'm working on getting another one too. I would love to have a candy cane. And my mother has plenty of 10 gal tanks for me to use. I'm working on him slowly. He's ignoring me when I mention it now. I also tried to get another dog, I have 5 now. But he didn't go for the I need a small one or can't we foster a pup. I'll find it a home, promise. hee hee...

They are right when they say you can catch the corn snake bug!

Jean