PDA

View Full Version : 3 foot Corn Snake won't eat

3 foot Corn Snake won't eat

Genny
07-16-2002, 06:33 PM
I have a 1 1/2 yar old Okatee Corn snake, he is 3 feet long. I have never had a problem with him up until last month, he would always take 6 or 7 fuzzies every 10 days and now he has only taken 4 all month. His cage is at the right temp and there has been no stress. Any ideas?

Simon
07-16-2002, 07:50 PM
Don't worry,

its only a month. Maybe it thinks that it's breeding time since the weather just turned to be warmmer these days.....
if it's a male that is what it's properly thinking.......
female....maybe just doesn't want to eat.

But not eatting a month isn't much of a thing.
As long as it has fresh water and isn't looking very wrinkley with the skin then it's alright.

Keep trying, it'll eat someday.

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

kenalotia
07-16-2002, 09:22 PM
You might try moving up to a larger food item. If the snake is eating 6 or 7 fuzzies at a time and is three feet long, (s)he should definitely be able to handle mice a size or two larger.

Jr Nimeskern
07-16-2002, 11:44 PM
Yes I feed my 3 ft corns 1 to 2 adult mice... this is alot cheaper then buying 6-7 fuzzys... its also better for the snake to digest bigger meals instead of alot of little meals...

Tim Madsen
07-17-2002, 12:23 PM
I agree with everyone else, feed it adult mice. Also have a fecal exam done. Make sure it is checked for every type of parasite including protozoans. Not every Vet. will have a microscope that can check for protozoans, make sure they can. It may very well be nothing to worry about, but it's a good idea to get a fecal exam done every once in a while anyway. IMHO