PDA

View Full Version : My First Feeding

My First Feeding

Godzilla2000
11-07-2004, 12:47 AM
Well, I fed my snakes for the first time today. I had a few extra Pet Pals from Tarantulas who had outgrown them so I was all set with separate eating quarters as opposed to their regular enclosures. Gingersnap took two Pinkies with no problem. Elle took her sweet time eating her first pinkie but she wolfed down her second one after constricting it good. O-ren ate her first pinkie immediately, but she protested to the bright light I had to help me see the Feeding Enclosures better . As soon as I turned off the light and switched to a blacklight, she snagged her second pinkie not soon afterwards. All in all I think it was a pretty successful feeding, but we shall see in a few days.

MegF.
11-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Congrats! I fed all my new ones for the first time yesterday too. 2 of the 3 ate right away. Acatl is going to be an eating machine. She attacked the pinky as soon as I gave it to her. I had to move her into the feeding box as she was thrashing all over and coming out of her little deli cup! Coatl ate from my hand. I held the pinky so that it would stay clean. I may have to feed him on paper for a while until he mellows out. Poor Tepin was terrified. She was the only one that was hiding under the substrate instead of the hides. She tail rattled, and struck and wouldn't eat. I put the pinky in a bag in her enclosure and it was still there this morning, but she was hiding under the bag. I made her a fresh pinky and she took it from my hand. I'm definitely going to put paper in there and feed her in the viv until she mellows. She's the smallest of the three.

JeanH
11-07-2004, 05:37 PM
That's great that you both had good feedings.

I just moved my two up to larger pinkies. The store carries really tiny and then bigger ones. My female ate two right away. She's my eating machine. But the male who is smaller, didn't want anything to do with it. so I put him back in his Viv. I tried again today and still he wanted nothing to do with it. Even though last week and other times he would gobble them down. So I put him in the container he came in, with the pinkie. and left him in the dark while we ate dinner. When I checked on him, No pink and he had a bulge. So I guess he was just being shy tonight.

Jean

Godzilla2000
11-08-2004, 02:22 AM
I've deduced that O-ren, being that she is a Snow with pink eyes, etc. prefers hunting in the dark as opposed to a lighter setting. Both Gingersnap and Elle are not of a lighter pigmentation therefore bright lights don't bother them as much. So from now on I'm going to feed O-ren or switch to the blue light so the harsh lights don't hurt her sensitive pink eyes.

MegF.
11-08-2004, 07:39 AM
My amel has red eyes, and doesn't seem to care if it's day or night. She'll feed anytime, anywhere. I think it's just the personality of the snake.