PDA

View Full Version : Help...

Help...

jen_evans
11-14-2004, 12:53 PM
Infestation of fruit flies are killing are snakes, anyone with any help is greatly appreciated. Two snakes now have mouth rot and will be dead soon.

Jicin
11-14-2004, 01:07 PM
How about a visit to the vet?

These fruit flies are probably mites. Mites are tiny bugs that sucks up the snakes blood. You'll need to disinfect the vivs (With the snakes out of it ofcource!) and treat the snakes with anti-mite spray. Available at any reptile store. However, if they have mouth rot to, i would let the vetrinarian take care of that to.

Thinking of mites as fruitflies, and 2 snakes having mouth rot makes me believe your don't care for your snakes the way you should. I suggest picking up a book about corn snakes (Cathy loves book is highly recommended) and next time be prepared if someting happens.

WhiteLips
11-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Definately a visit to the vet is in order! They could be a small type of fly that is occasionally found in cypress mulch, but I don't think this is the cause of your snakes health problems. or as Jicin pointed out you might be mistaking mites for flies, in any event go to the vet! Please get some help with your husbandry skills. Good Luck!

Jicin
11-16-2004, 02:25 AM
Done anything yet?

Krenna
11-16-2004, 07:59 AM
One word : Vet