PDA

View Full Version : black spots......help!!!!

black spots......help!!!!

eddielambrecht
11-14-2004, 09:31 PM
my baby albino corn has these black spots inside its skin in the middle of the snake. the spots are visible on the outside. im woundering if his skin is dying like the tail does when it doesnt shed properly or if its changing its color now?please help!!!!

JTGoff69
11-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Are these dark black spots? Or kind of grey? Large or small? Could it possibly be that you are seeing the food digesting inside the stomach since it's an amel?

Joejr14
11-14-2004, 11:08 PM
I think a pic would help, it could be a lot of things---mites come to mind.

Naeris
11-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Our Bob - who is also an amel - has a sort of blackness that you are describing, I just took it be his digesting food, sometimes you see it sometimes you don't. I'm not overly worried as he seems in perfect health. Why don't you take him to a herp-experienced vet?

ChronicCorn
11-15-2004, 04:21 PM
i fed my amel last night and he has a black spot now. sience its an amel you can see where the food is in its stomach. your snake is perfectly fine! :wavey: :cool:

eddielambrecht
11-15-2004, 10:52 PM
he hasnt eatin in like 8 weeks. he wont eat so im worried that its not it digesting its food. it has some grey and black spots. they are medium size. my snakes only about 13 inches so im worried about him.

Amanda E
11-16-2004, 12:19 AM
I'm wondering maybe if he has an impaction. Do you keep him in substrate where he could have ingested some on accident? If so, that could cause the dark spots and would be why he's refusing food.

Maybe you could try to take him to a vet. They should be able to tell you if it's an impaction or something else.

eddielambrecht
11-16-2004, 05:24 PM
i serve his food on a tupaware lid so i dont think he digested any substrate.

Amanda E
11-16-2004, 06:16 PM
I don't want to alarm you, but they can drag their food off somewhere esle to eat it, so if you don't watch to make sure that it hasn't done this, it still may be impacted. I have one that drags his food off all the time. If I used substrate other than papertowels I would not feed it in it's cage because it would have the potential to get substrate all over it.