PDA

View Full Version : Mites

Mites

Joejr14
11-15-2004, 12:48 AM
I know it's a cornsnake site, but I've got mites on my b. pythons and I'm just wondering what I can do. I dont want to go about getting pesticides or anything toxic.

I found them the other day while adding some decor to both of my cages (corns and balls) and immediately took both of the pythons out and let my girlfriend and roomate hold them, and proceeded to find more mites on both of them. I've got eco-earth, and I boiled that for about 10 minutes to try and kill what was in there, and bleach cleaned the tank. I also found one mite on my snow corn, so I did the same with that tank.

I'm hoping that the bleaching of the tank and the boiling of the substrate killed anything that was there, but I'm nervous. I've also got a hiding log that I want to disenfect, but I'm not sure how to do it. Can I bake it at say 200 degrees for a while or what?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin DeBusk
11-15-2004, 01:01 AM
This site will answer all your questions :)
Click here : V

The War Against Snake Mites (http://www.vpi.com/9VPITipsAndTechs/TheWarAgainstSnakeMites/TheWarAgainstSnakeMites.htm)

Jynx
11-15-2004, 08:42 PM
I nornmally bake wooden hiding holes at about 175 to 200 for about 15 min and it works fine. Anything hotter can smolder the wood.