PDA

View Full Version : A few Pewters coming along...

A few Pewters coming along...

Rich Z
07-17-2002, 01:36 PM
Also some Blood Reds, some Blizzard like thing in the corner, and of course the token normal corns......
http://www.serpenco.com/pics/babies/pewter61.jpg

SilverTongue
07-17-2002, 03:39 PM
OOOOH I want :)

kenalotia
07-17-2002, 06:55 PM
Cute little guys! I take it you weren't expecting the "Blizzard like thing"?

Peter
07-17-2002, 11:06 PM
So which two are mine?;)

Simon
07-18-2002, 01:22 AM
Man, pewters and bloodreds.....got to add these into my collection soon!!! They are so pretty!!!!

Serpwidgets
09-28-2002, 05:33 PM
Did you get any hypo pewters this year? I'd love to see any new pics of these.

I'm only about 3 years away now: the female (het charcoal and hypo) I just got is really showing everything I like in the bloodred morph, so she should make for grade-a founding stock. And hopefully next spring I'll be using the '00 charcoal ghost, which I got from you, to produce charcoals with the necessary hets to pair up with her... I should get in the ballpark of 10 of these '03 charcoals (ignoring Murphy's law) so I should be in good shape for a serious attempt in 2005. :D

Time's running out, better hurry up and produce more of them. ;)

Oh yeah, any pics? ;) hehehe

Rich Z
09-29-2002, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I believe I have 3 or 4 Hypo Pewters this year. Problem is, that they pretty much look like regular Charcoal Ghosts unless you flip them over to look at the belly.

I'm in Tampa this weeked, so I don't have my photo library available here. I believe I took some photos of some of them during the egg hatching season, but I would have to search for them. We're doing Tinley Park next weekend, so this upcoming week is likely going to be pretty crazy (putting it mildly!).

Besides, I suspect they really won't look like much until they reach adulthood anyway. And even then, maybe not worth the effort. I'm really curious to see if xanthism shows up in this line.

Serpwidgets
09-29-2002, 01:49 AM
Hmm, I'd think there would be a cumulative hypo effect since pewters appear to be lighter than charcoals and hypo bloodreds are lighter than bloodreds. Maybe not in combination, eh? Or maybe not till they get older? I guess we'll find out. :)

I thought you might be running around like crazy with all the shows. I'll bug you about pics later this year, but it's great to know there are some of them out there. :D