PDA

View Full Version : please help! i think his neck is broke

please help! i think his neck is broke

Javaboi
11-15-2004, 05:57 PM
i have a little male ghost that i have had feeding problems with since the day i got him about 6 months ago. sometimes he would hold food down but most of the time he would puke back up. he has not grown at all since i got him. just awhile ago i came in and he was twisting himself into knots with his neck at a real weird angle. once he stopped, i pulled him out of his tank and he is not responsive at all. i can put my finger on his nose and he does not try to pull away. he does not move on his own but will move a little if you stroke his back. he also had bubbles coming out of his mouth. is his neck broke? what should i do? :cry:

Amanda E
11-15-2004, 06:05 PM
If he's not already dead, do him a favor and put him in your freezer and finish the deed. If he can't move, then he's going to die anyway.

The fact that he has regurgitated frequently in the past is not a good thing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing he's dead already, unless he really does noticably move. When my first hatchling died (similar to your story) I wasn't totally sure she was dead because if I touched her it seemed like she would move a bit, but it was just my imagination.

Javaboi
11-15-2004, 06:15 PM
thank you for that. i thought he might be dead already and i just didn't know. oh wait, he is moving around in the tank. ok so he is not dead. but he is so weak and small and malnurished. you can see folds of snake skin on almost his entire body where his skin is bigger than he is. ok now i am very confused. he is all of the sudden very active and is striking at things in the tank that are not there. he is striking at the air in the middle of the tank. what is the deal? i'm really worried about him. he keeps wiggling weird (not like he's sheding) it almost looking like he is in pain. what could it be? again, what do i do? :shrugs:

Taceas
11-15-2004, 06:37 PM
To me it sounds as though death is inevitable for this poor fella. As Amanda recommended, I agree, in that you should not allow him to suffer needlessly.

Placing him in the freezer will make him go to sleep, and eventually will lead to his death, in a painless and more peaceful manner than what he's currently experiencing.

If he hasn't grown in 6 months and more often than not regurges his meals that frequently, I don't think he had what it took to make it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. =(

howiet4702
11-15-2004, 06:38 PM
Maybe it's just me but if he has had problems eating/keeping food down why wouldn't you just take him to a vet? After 6 months of this, there is a real problem here....Obviously he is malnourished if you can see the folds in his skin.

If the poor little guy is suffering, you need to do the right thing... :(

neferandrobin
11-15-2004, 06:49 PM
I had a snow corn named Magenta...s/he had that skin fold problem...didn't like 2 eat much..(started refusing pinks)...but I had't found a vet yet when i found her dead...totally freaked me out..very sad :cry:

Jicin
11-16-2004, 02:24 AM
6 months??? Malnurished??? Regurging??? Bubbles coming out of his mouth?

When was the last time you aksed for help or went to the vet?

I checked your post history and never you ask for help. Your only requesting cheap snakes and talk about viv's you got for free.

Javaboi
11-16-2004, 02:44 AM
hey i got an idea. smeg off. i have taken him to the vet 3 times asking about why he was not eating. the bubble from the mouth started today. and he has been fine other that not eating. instead of taking all the time researching what i have or haven't done, why not give advice? i'm sorry if i sound a little p1ssed, but i had to watch one of my pets die today. and to those people who did have something real to say, even just condolences, thank you .

Jicin
11-16-2004, 04:28 AM
Really? And what did the vet say all these times?

Javaboi
11-16-2004, 04:35 AM
the vet said here are some anti-biotics (which the snake would keep down), because the vet thought the snake might have an infection. the vet said to keep an eye on him and let her know if the snake started doing anything weird. the only reason i even posted here after not posting for so long was that i could not get ahold of my vet.

Jicin
11-16-2004, 06:03 AM
All 3 times?

jzal8
11-16-2004, 07:56 AM
Yo Jicin, shut up. He is having a hard enough time without havin to hear it from the preacher. Show a little tact, maturity, and forethought. Your being rediculously insensitive.

Krenna
11-16-2004, 07:57 AM
Jicin, shut the hell up, he does not need a speech from you about how to take care of his pets. Go join PETA and save some rabbits.

Poor guy is loosing his snake. Your not his mother and he does not need to respond to your questioning. Because you don't know what he has done or not done.

Sorry about your snake, one thing I have learned about reptiles there is no such thing on saving the runt when it comes to reptiles. Hopefully if you choose to get another one you will get a healthier snake.

Jicin
11-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Shut up yourself miss squiling pig. Rude and squiling whenever you think you see an opportinety.

I have no respect for people who obviously neglect their animals. And i definately won't take 'pity'. Unless it's for the snake. To bad you can't seem to say anything on this forum. Freedom of speech indeed. All but in america.

jzal8
11-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Take it elsewhere jicin. You just have no respect period. Im sick of reading your posts just badgering people who came here for advice not a lecture from someone not even qualified to lecture. give this guy a break, and give your finger a rest...its been pointing for a little too long.
:-puke01:

Krenna
11-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Jicin and you still don't get it because you still run your mouth with insults so back at ya, and I will continue to do so, because it makes me feel good to do it. :) You have intelligence of a 3 year old.

Freedom of speech indeed. All but in america

You obvisouly don't know what that means. There is speech and there is also slander :) Learn some more. Accusing someone of neglecting their pets is slander because you are over 3000 miles away. You have no clue.

rippit
11-16-2004, 09:13 AM
What Jicin is saying is not slander, it's still free speech. But of course, he/she (is Jicin a he or a she) missed the point about America - the beauty of America is that Jicin is free to be an @ssh0le! :grin01:

rippit
11-16-2004, 09:25 AM
BTW Javaboi, sorry about your snake. It's a tough lesson, but you've gained some valuable knowledge for your next snake.

norbert03
11-16-2004, 09:46 AM
the loss of your pet, java.

Taceas
11-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Javaboi, I am terribly sorry for your loss. There will always be that one who breaks your heart. =/

Oh my gosh...whatever happened to "if ya ain't got something nice to say, don't say nothin at all"? Thumper would be ashamed, I tell ya.

Jicin, I'm quite surprised at you, I really am. I would have thought more of you. Guess sometimes you can't really tell through a text oriented world. Eh?

I got the same treatment when I took my BP to the vet to see what the heck happened and to see if could be fixed, and then was yelled at like it was my fault. I would not go out of my way to horrendously harm an animal. Just like most of the people on here are responsible pet owners. Sometimes the truth isn't blatantly obvious, just remember that.

I believe Jzal & Krenna have valid points. The last thing Javaboi needs is someone harping at him. Whether he's done right or wrong, the same result came out at the end...his snake died. You don't yell at a child for breaking their favorite toy, the pain comes quickly enough to realize that because of his/her actions their toy is no longer there to enjoy. No need to add to it in such an abrasive tone and manner.

I think you could have used a little more tact and contacted him via PM and inquired as to whether he's taken his snake to a vet and what the past history on the snake has been...rather than ripping him a new one publicly.

And I'm afraid to say this but I personally take offense to your "All but in America" comment. Not all Americans are like what the international press makes us out to be. Not one bit. There are differing trains of though among the population of your own country just as they are here in America. Just because out government likes to come to the aid of those who are oppressed (in the wrong manner) doesn't make all of us bad. You have to look past the people in the limelight and see the rest of us in the background.

Jicin
11-16-2004, 01:49 PM
I see no excuse for neglect. 6 months not eaten. Yet not one question asked on this forum. Then suddenly a vet turns up and i must believe he gave antibiotics 3 times? I would like to get the name of that stuff.

A an animals isn't a toy. Javaboi has been on this forum since januari is 27, and now she's here playing the vicim because she's suprised her snake died a painfull death after 6 months of suffering. She can see the folds of loose skin, she can't claim she didn't know that's a bad thing.

I'm sorry but i can't sit here and say "Awww, you poor baby. You did all you could". And i know more people see serious animal reglect but they don't dare to say it because Javaboi is so sad she 'broke her favorite toy' and ofcource other members here prefer to comfort her instead of pressing her nose to the facts and learns a freaking lesson. I can't think of any forum that would be so supportive. 10 bucks she get's a 'cheap snake' and a free viv from someone over here just to dry her little tears.
Your 27! Take some responsibility. I hope i won't see you discribe here the final death spasms of your other 2 snakes. If there really 'Lost beyond recall', as in starving to death, either give the animal away to someone who may help it or put it to death.'

cornsnake kid
11-16-2004, 02:11 PM
cant you see that the owner is in enough pain already without you rubbing his nose in it you should be ashamed would you like one of your snakes to die no i didnt think so . why dont you do us all a favour and shut the hell up :-offtopic

Amanda E
11-16-2004, 02:23 PM
If there really 'Lost beyond recall', as in starving to death...
You make it sound as if he was purposely not feeding it. You do know that some snakes will refuse to eat and will starve themselves, don't you?

I had a hatchling die in the same manner (wouldn't eat and then when she would eat, she would regurgitate it), though it was only after about 3 months that she died. I would like to think that it wasn't something I did (since I have plenty of other snakes that have been just fine) and that she just wasn't meant to live.

norbert03
11-16-2004, 02:34 PM
are just not meant to reach adulthood for whatever reason, it may have absolutely NOTHING to do with the care it's given by the owner, jicen, it could just be unprepared and unequipped to survive and perhaps that's what the problem was with java's little guy. i have NO reason to believe that the snake was neglected, maybe i would have done things a little differently or sought help earlier, but i do not judge this person and ofcourse i am going to show my support and say "i'm sorry to hear about your loss" because i know that it hurts to lose a pet. i refuse to point a finger or preach about the more appropriate thing to do. doing a search for past posts concerning the health of the snake...you were simply looking to pick on someone because you NEED to. you feel a need to be rude and mean because it somehow lifts you up, makes you feel superior, helps BUILD yourself up, but deep down inside you know...you're...just...a...nothing. it's not the way to be. you DO NOT know this person or all the details. you can only learn so much from an on-line message board post. i really wish you would bite your tongue before start running your mouth. it makes me sad, it really does.

rippit
11-16-2004, 03:00 PM
The problem with you, Jicin, is that far too many of your posts are condescending, smug, arrogant, and elitist. You're never in doubt but frequently in error. And THEN you start with "That's why people hate Americans." Well let me tell YOU something - you are the poster child for the type of European that many Americans (including myself) HATE. You think you're smarter than you are, and you NEVER make mistakes, and if you did they were certainly someone else's fault. I'm not going to get off on what some would call an "ugly American" rant, because there are many people on here from various parts of Europe who post regularly and who are knowlegeable and polite and helpful, and I'm not painting all of them with one broad brush. As for you, why don't you go back to the hash den or shoot some heroin and chill out a little before you go blasting someone - give the kid a break, she's upset enough. I'm not coddling her here either, but what's done is done, she learned her lesson (IF there was even anything she could have done), and it's over with.

Spirit
11-16-2004, 03:16 PM
While I can understand Jicin's frustration, there are more constructive ways to voice your opinion. Having said that, everyone who's attacked in defense is just as bad. Let's leave the name calling back in school, eh?

Now can we please get back on topic? Javaboi: Did you ever find out exactly what was the cause of death? I'm sorry to hear this has happened. :(

JM :o)
11-16-2004, 03:48 PM
I'm somewhat hesitant to jump in here on this one~ but here goes~

I had several die on me when I started keeping snakes~ and I went to the vet several times and spent a lot of money (As I've had this particular argument with Jicin before in which he/she claims I am lying about medical advice~ I pulled the receipts~ this was in late 01 and early 02~ the "vet" were two different staff vets at "Antelope Valley Animal Hospital" in Palmdale, Ca)

At any rate~ I had several die and saw the vet a LOT. The symptoms you describe (feeding but not growing, regurging often, the thrashing and gaping at the end) sound similar to the end of one of my hypo male corns. That particular snake died while I was watching and I was able to rush his body to the vet for a necropsy. The necropsy determined that the snake had "a particularly virulent strain of Salmonella." At that time Dr. Gant (I remember him, you'll see why) told me to go home and destroy my entire collection~ I was upset, but I was going to do it (the VET said). Luckily~ when I got home I spoke with several neighbors about it (luckily I had both a vet and a human doctor living close~ we all live together on a military base) and I was clued in that ALL Salmonella is particularly virulent and that Dr. Gant didn't know what he was talking about. That Salmonella is part of their digestive tract, and that if the necropsy said that’s what killed the snake then what must have happened was the snake was weakened in some way and his natural load of Salmonella overcame his own systems. I did not destroy my collection, and later I moved and I stopped losing snakes. Looking back now I can say with at least some degree of confidence that something in that military housing I was living in was causing stress and weakening the immune systems of my snakes (I should have realized living in the middle of the Mojave dessert and I never saw any ants or many bugs).

Now I told you all of this for a couple reasons.
1~ A vet is a good idea~ but he/she does not always have the "right" answer. Next time if you've seen a vet once and his/her diagnoses does not seem to be helping~ seek a new vet~ and ask for advice on-line~ sometimes you can help steer the vet in the right direction with ideas gleaned from others online advice.

2~ Wash everything that snake had contact with bleach water (10% solution) and watch your family for symptoms of Salmonella~ if he had a misbalance he was certainly shedding it.

3~ investigate your environment for possible causes of stress on the snakes immune system. Do you use insecticides near the enclosure? How about your water source? The feed source~ could there be parasites coming from your rodents? Get a fecal run on the other snakes and make sure there are no worms compromising their health.

4~ Try not to get discouraged~ sometimes you lose one~ or two~ or three~ or more. It sucks, but it happens, don't give up. Someday you may find yourself breeding beautiful babies like these:
http://www.thereddragonsden.com/images/CornSnakes/04VenusRa2.jpg

Rich Z
11-16-2004, 05:49 PM
Shut up yourself miss squiling pig. Rude and squiling whenever you think you see an opportinety.

I have no respect for people who obviously neglect their animals. And i definately won't take 'pity'. Unless it's for the snake. To bad you can't seem to say anything on this forum. Freedom of speech indeed. All but in america.

Jicin - you are welcome to your opinions while you are on this site, but the name calling and derogatory manner of your postings will have to cease. There is no reason to purposely belittle someone in public, no matter what the cause.

This forum tends to have an atmosphere of helping and caring individuals willing to go out of their way to help out someone else. I want that to continue, and will be rather aggressive at stamping out members that feel they can use my site to elevate their own opinion of themselves at the expense of another.

Yeah, maybe you do know more then someone else. So what? There are people here that positively know more then YOU do. So do we want everyone who knows more then someone else acting towards other people the way YOU are acting here?

Please just consider this as friendly advice to tone down the nature of your posts in the future. It is very easy to be helpful without being condescending in the manner in which you discuss someone's problems.

Thanks.

howiet4702
11-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Sorry about your loss Java :(

jzal8
11-16-2004, 11:53 PM
i'm sorry too

Joejr14
11-17-2004, 12:01 AM
It's funny....

If you're going to insult someone, at least do it with correct grammar and spelling.

What is "reglect"? Do you mean neglect?

Wow, what a tool.

sherry
11-17-2004, 12:47 AM
sorry about your loss. i know how it is to loose one of you animals expecily when raising it from a baby. i never lost a snake but i havent had any other one but mine and i just took over my sisters today. but anywho i kmow it doenst help when someone says its your falt its all your falt. im sure you tried to help \, as much as im sure u didnt mean to harm the little fellow.hope you have better luck mext time.

Missy
11-17-2004, 04:21 AM
now im gonna say my two cents here
here in england we have free speech too

java, i am sorry to hear of all this, i lost my missy last july, after spending about a £1000 on vet bills i had to let her go. it isnt easy. my missy hadnt eaten for 5 months, so pls dont let others get you down that you didnt do all you could. my missy suffered way too long with no one knowing anything, turned out she had kidney failure. you can only do so much, snakes are very complicated creatures when it comes to ilnesses, tis quite difficult to suss out when your snake is healthy or not. you learn from your experiences, just like i have, sometimes it is the hard way but for the future you will know that little bit more, now i moniter everything about my little darlings, their weight, poop, baths, feeds, regurges (have never had it happen yet) every single day, if anything changes then i know if anything maybe wrong.
ok gonna stop rambling now
take care

Krenna
11-17-2004, 08:12 AM
Thank you Rich for addressing this. I can't thank you enough.

Jicin
11-17-2004, 01:51 PM
Jicin - you are welcome to your opinions while you are on this site, but the name calling and derogatory manner of your postings will have to cease. There is no reason to purposely belittle someone in public, no matter what the cause.

Well, finally i have your attention.

Your ignoring the fact Krenna started with the name calling. In fact, she's always calling me names. You say you dissaprove name calling when i only stated she should shut up herself.

This forum tends to have an atmosphere of helping and caring individuals willing to go out of their way to help out someone else.

Ohhhh. Yeah your right. I have 500+ posts because i am not willing to help people out. I'm here to help *caring* individuals. This 'person' is not caring. The thruth needs to be said.

I want that to continue, and will be rather aggressive at stamping out members that feel they can use my site to elevate their own opinion of themselves at the expense of another.

I didn't start. I gave her a fair change to prove my observations wrong. However, she only asked to be pitied and make up some stuff about antibiotics.

Yeah, maybe you do know more then someone else. So what? There are people here that positively know more then YOU do. So do we want everyone who knows more then someone else acting towards other people the way YOU are acting here?
I've never said such a thing! That would be arrogant. I've always helped with even the simplest beginner questions. Even if i only refered to the corn snake manual. Your insinuating things here.

Please just consider this as friendly advice to tone down the nature of your posts in the future. It is very easy to be helpful without being condescending in the manner in which you discuss someone's problems.
Thanks.

I'm only singled out because your friends with Krenna. Thats really unfair. You've ignored my emails of me complaining about her. You should check Krennas post history towards me. She earned the nickname 'squiling pig' to me because she's just waiting for a change to 'name calling'. If your so against name calling perhaps you should start telling Krenna since she's the number one in bitching. I'd say just do a forum search on rude words.

And i always knew you'd wait untill you could pin me on one little insult back and just ignore all the other topics where i'm beeing insulted but say nothing in return you could attack me on. Giving favour to people you find more likebale doesn't give you much credential in your admin job. Whatever you can say about me at least i'm honest. Not kissing up to people i don't even know.

Also, since your so against belitteling, i assume you also spring to my defence when i'm beeing belittled? Deserver or not. And that you give 'friendly advice' the next time someone is calling *me* names.

Or do these rules only apply to certain people?

jzal8
11-17-2004, 03:52 PM
your soundin crazy jicin, just relax...the past is the past just lets work on being nicer in the future. end of story, let's move on. :wavey:

Jicin
11-17-2004, 04:08 PM
That sounds a lot nicer then the message you left me....

rippit
11-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Jicin, if you don't like the rules here, then leave. It's not like anyone would miss you.

norbert03
11-17-2004, 04:22 PM
a whole big lot!

Jicin
11-17-2004, 04:26 PM
Thanks Norbert03. (ps i am a girl ;) Glad someone isn't afraid to disagree with the angry mob.

norbert03
11-17-2004, 04:36 PM
yesterday, but today is a new day and i forgive you, but next time it happens i will have to get out my tazer gun. you have given me helpful advice in the past when you were in one of your moods. sorry i mistook you for a dude.

:wavey:

Jicin
11-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Theres nothing to ' forgive' . I said what i felt. If other people agree with me or not. If i can't even say it on a forum, where can i?

rippit
11-17-2004, 04:44 PM
No one said you can't say it - you are entitled to your opinion. Just like the people who slammed you are entitled to their opinions.

Krenna
11-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Where do I call you names? .. Umm I am sorry I am not from your country.. (Eddie Izzard fans)

Don't blame your disrespect on me.. I don't encourage you to post the way you post. Where have I called you names? You want an escape goat. keep looking I am not going to play your little table tennis.

Take accountablity for your own actions. And for the love of God Grow up.

Don't play like your advice has been helpful and your the red cross, because you have been called out on bad advice you have given. Cav had made a beatuiful post about that in the past of your actions. Your just mad at me for something you did.. Give me a break...

I don't go around speaking about things which I don't kno, and have not come down on anyone except for you. I tried being nice in the past about it, but now I know your a lost cause because you will never see it. You don't even think what your doing is wrong.

Even when 10 other people are telling you the same thing I am telling you. So as far as I am concerned. You don't have the capability of knowing right from wrong.

I am not going to waste my time on you.. Have a nice day.

Jicin
11-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Where have I called you names?

Playing innocent now are ya? Do a forum search.

You want an escape goat. keep looking I am not going to play your little table tennis.

Well how about just leaving me alone then? I'm not looking you up.

Take accountablity for your own actions. And for the love of God Grow up.

Sorry. Not religious.

Don't play like your advice has been helpful and your the red cross, because you have been called out on bad advice you have given. Cav had made a beatuiful post about that in the past of your actions.

Still beating a dead horse Krenna? That post was
A. Ages old
B. I've been entirely correct on all points
C. On several points, if not all, i have later on been proven right
D. Just that CAV thinks it's bad advice, doesn't make it so.
E. I never recieved a reply to the message in where i proved myself correct.
F. What on earth does this have to do with anything??? What argument are you trying to prove???

Your playing the innocent, sweet litte girl and then trying to sneakely undermine me. Now that is slander. I've always given 100% correct advice.

Rich Z, i would like to complain to you about this. It's really very nasty about this viscious, untrue comment Krenna keeps bringing up. Some people here will believe it without even knowing what this is about

Your just mad at me for something you did.. Give me a break...

If i would have to time or will i could dig it up. Not worth it though.

I tried being nice in the past about it, but now I know your a lost cause because you will never see it. You don't even think what your doing is wrong.

Hahahaha.

Even when 10 other people are telling you the same thing I am telling you. So as far as I am concerned. You don't have the capability of knowing right from wrong.

I'm a leader, not a follower. And my right isn't your right.

I am not going to waste my time on you.. Have a nice day.

You just did. Goodnight.

babbaloo99
11-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Javaboi, sorry about your loss. That must have been very hard to have happen.

On a side note -- It's unfortunate that yet another thread has jumped off topic just for someone to jump in, make assumptions and focus all the attention on herself with the "I'm just here to stand up for the snakes" routine. C'mon, it's getting pretty old. I don't think anyone that is here is here because they are looking for purposeful, cruel ways to kill their snakes. Get a life.

neferandrobin
11-17-2004, 07:15 PM
i can't believe how nuts this whole thing has gotten...it COMPLEATLY SUCKS to lose a snakie...i had 2 die on me long before i found this forum..(.& thats probably good that i didn't have this forum..cuz) if i was attacked like you were i would've been scared off this site for life...yeesh...have a frickin' heart...i don't think anyone trys to kill their snakes...some just aren't healthy...just because some people think they know everything doesn't give them the right to be mean...especially when they are being mean to someone whose already hurting :cry:

sherry
11-17-2004, 08:57 PM
maby java has already been scared away he has posted anything in a while. this whole fight and blaming him and im sure he already feels guilty,he most likely left. poor guyi know i would

MegF.
11-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Folks, I think this whole pissing match has run it's course. We all agree there are going to be people who say things we don't like, and I'm hoping that we can all be adults and POLITELY disagree with them. Rich has made his statement, and I think we can consider the matter closed unless he decides to make it something more. I don't think it is our place to continue this pointless argument. Unless we have something more to say to Java about the loss of his pet, and I'm hoping that will be with respect, I suggest we all get on with our lives and enjoy the site. As for myself, Java: I'm very sorry you lost your snake in this manner and I'm also sorry that this deteriorated into a shouting match when I'm sure you were hoping for something quite different. I hope to never have a situation like yours, but there are certainly plenty of folks on here that have gone thru similar problems. More luck to you on your next snake.

Rich Z
11-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Jicin - I read this entire thread and called it like I saw it. If you think I have the time to play patty cake with you or anyone else on this site, you have another think coming to you.

I do not play favorites with anyone, and matter of fact, most people here are only names I have seen here and I wouldn't know them in person if I fell over them. YOU just seem to be incapable of accepting the fact that someone else may happen to disagree with you, so you blame it on them not understanding you, or taking sides against you. That is NOT the case.

As for your inferences about past emails to me about problems, here's one of them from 9/15/04:

So it's oke to call me a troll? Or start a 'war' against me? Nice to know.
You know, on your forum people may not express their opinion if it does
not stroke with theirs. People there think it's oke to get abusive because
they have snakes longer then others. So there bigger then me. Even animal
abuse (advising cutting a mouse open *alive*) and inbred is encouraged on
your forum and i can't grasp the fact that you don't do anything about
that.

You really dissapoint me with your reaction. I bet if i start calling
people trolls or whatever i will be banned. Quite an unfair treatment. CAV
*has* broken rules you set and he get's away with it. Next time i will not
let him insult me again.

> Jicin ( mailto:jicin@wolfinthebag.net ) has reported this post:
>
>
> http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=95266#post95266
>
> This is part of this thread:
> hatchling housing...
> http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14626
>
> This is the reason that the user gave:
> Can you help on this topic? CAV's calling me a troll >:(
>
> I thought we had a nice conversation on the topic of housing yet CAV
> seems to, yet again, find it nessasary to lower the conversation down to
> insulting me. I really hope you find the time to explain it's oke to
> disagree on something without starting to get insultive.
>
> This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all
> administrators if there are no moderators.
>
> Please respond to this post as applicable.
>
>
> Well I read that thread from the beginning, and in my opinion you asked
> for it with your first antagonistic posting there. You reap what you
> sow, sometimes..... Everyone is welcome to their opinions, but the way
> you express them in public makes all the difference in how people will
> take them.
>
>
> Rich Zuchowski

This about sums up the type of correspondence I have seen from you.

Let's make this short, sweet, and to the point, shall we? I am telling YOU to lighten up in your posts and stop being unnecessarily combative with other members of this site or you WILL be removed.

Is that clear?

The choice is yours.

Shep151
11-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Spoken wonderfully.
Here's to a keeping a friendly place friendly! :cheers:

rippit
11-18-2004, 01:19 PM
...okay, maybe I'm beating it a little bit...but it seems that every post that I have read that ends up turning into a flame war has Jicin involved in it. Coincidence? YOU decide! :crazy02:

Rich Z
11-18-2004, 01:51 PM
It normally takes two to tango. So if you engage in baiting tactics with posts, then you may certainly get what you wish for.

Just don't come to me if the fish that grabs your line won't get off when you want him to.

This applies to everyone......

Jicin
11-18-2004, 02:55 PM
Well, your treath to ban me made you an automatic winner doesn't it?

Thank you for totally ignoring all my points. except the one that suited you including my complaint about Krennas speading lies and attacking me whenever possible. Don't look at that do you, because Krenna doesn't complain about those topics.

Considering you apply the rules to everyone the same, i assume next time i complain about beeing attacked and beeing insulted you look at it fairly and give them the same treath you give me?

However, this still doesn't mean that i let myself be attacked by certain people. If you try to make me grab a bait *cough* rippit *cough* i assume Rich Z will take note.

rippit
11-18-2004, 03:07 PM
If you try to make me grab a bait *cough* rippit *cough* i assume Rich Z will take note.

I could care less what you say about me - I'm not the one who goes running to the administrator whenever someone disagrees with me *cough* Jicin *cough*.

Cindy
11-18-2004, 04:04 PM
This is getting really boring..... lets move on... please!!!!

MegF.
11-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Exactly, thank you Cindy

rippit
11-18-2004, 04:10 PM
Okay, okay, I'm done.

howiet4702
11-18-2004, 05:50 PM
I agree....Let's put an end to this and let's all move on.

BTW, I have a shedding question listed in another forum if anyone is interested in answering it for me :D

Jicin
11-20-2004, 07:04 AM
I would still like an awner to my questions from Rich.

tai_pan1
11-21-2004, 07:21 AM
I frequent this forum often (almost every day), but more often than not, I lurk rather than post. This thread has goaded me into posting.

First, a forum should be a place to discuss issues, give advice, share ideas, and meet people with mutual interests. A forum should not be a place to get into heated arguments with others who have the same interests as you, in this case, reptiles. It's easy to be a "combat typist" and fire shots at your "enemy", but it is much more difficult to act in an adult manner, accept people for who they are, and either listen to or ignore their advice. It's easy to hide behind a keyboard and treat people in a less than professional manner when you know you'll never have to meet them face to face. Everybody, regardless of nationality (or race, or religion ect) should attempt to treat everyone else with respect and dignity.

The people on this forum have a wealth of knowledge and experience. We should attempt to tap into that knowledge and experience rather than spending our time with character assasinations and name calling. I left another forum in the past because way too many of the threads were just like this one. I really don't want to leave here.

Mike

Naeris
11-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Well said Mike. Can't people argue via private messaging?

Sasheena
11-28-2004, 11:44 AM
I would like to extend my condolences to the loss of the little one. I was in the position to have to euthanize 32 cornsnakes this year, and so I know how awful it can be. Most were "no-brainers" it was obvious they needed to be euthanized as they were all hatched with severe deformities (missing jaws, spiral kinks, in one case the heart of conjoined twins out in the open). I kept 8 of the babies that seemed only very slightly deformed, and had to watch as 5 of those 8 refused to eat and became very skeletal. Did I take those babies to the vet? Nope. Didn't even think about it. I knew what was wrong with them, and a vet could not alter the fact that they were born deformed and probably missing or with deformed essential innards. They weren't meant to be.

Some of the advice I might have given along the way: give plenty of time after one feeding/regurgitation before trying again. I think that is a very common mistake... snake regurges, feed it quick because it must be hungry... but I certainly wouldn't presume to believe that you made this error, it's just a common error some people make.

The sad thing is that some people will sell hatchlings that have little chance of surviving... ones that haven't fed, etc, to pet stores, and then they live long enough to be purchased, brought home, and then die and break someone's heart. That is why even if I had gotten all eight babies to eat, I would never have sold them. Those babies are now mine, (the three who lived) because I would not feel good selling them.

As far as doing a search on THIS forum to find out if someone has asked for help, this is hardly evidence of a lack of an attempt to seek help online. A person could easily ask on any of a number of other forums, seek help from a vet (as this person did.. there is no reason to doubt the veracity of this claim), or ask friends who know about snakes and reptiles.

In any case, I hope future experiences with snakes will prove much more fulfilling and less heartbreaking!

InSaNe_penguin
11-29-2004, 07:27 PM
just read this whole thread.

first id like to say i am very sory for your loss and i no how you feel
i had a puppy for like 4 months. 1 day i came home to see that he had gotten out from the back and.....ran over u can just imagin how sad i was. i was only 4

jicin you give helpfull advice as do alot of other ppl. you have anwserd many of my questions. i thought you were a decent person untill i read his. i will still be happy to see advice from any1 includeing you.
i no my spelling is bad ive ben told very many of times. i have proly ben a member of over 14 difrent forums at difrent times . but still jicin if u had posted a tread about your snake dyeing and you didnt post all the details down to the last detail. and 1 person comes and posts that "well u didnt say anything about a vet" and u reply that u had takn it there and were givin antibodics or other medications for the pet and the person sais well you have no proof. i dont no how u would feel but that would make me fell like a pile of **** and i might not get anouther snake agin fearing that i might "kill it".

aperintly she cares very mutch for the snake because she wanted to help it live. but still if u found out there was absolutly NOTHING you could do that would be the point were i would do it the favor.

besides how are they saposed to provide proof of antibodics. do they need a video recording??

now i sugest that you stop being an angry typer because u believe that they inteded to do that to there pet. i mean i bet all of us in this forum are aginst hatred and abuse to animals but realy if some 1 took the libraty for buying and careing for i snake i dont think hey would even think about abuse twords it. cause just my snake and supplys alone were i d unno around 100$

i ask you would u spend 100$+ to kill your favorite pet

you just got burned :flames: =P

i just had to post something and this will be the final post of mine in this forum

Joejr14
11-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Wow.

Jicin, I dont even know where to begin here.

First, you attack people in just about every post you respond in. You come off brash and downright nasty in some of the posts, so I dont understand why you're complaining when someone bites back. Seems like you love giving it out, but cant take it when it's coming back at you.

Then, to top it all off, you run to Rich when someone goes wrong and you feel you've been "attackec". What is this, 3rd grade? Ooooh no, someone called you a troll! Oh my god, of all the things unholy in this world, a troll!!! Don't feel bad, I know a comment like that would probably put me in a mental breakdown, so I'm glad to know you handled the situation so well.

I think you're also forgetting a few things here. This is a free website, Rich pays for it out of his pocket. Space and bandwith are not free, nor necessarily cheap, and it's not his job to police his website if he doesn't want to. He does have better things to do than sit on here reading every post to make sure a pair of adults weren't calling each other trolls and such.

I think you just need to give it a rest and stop threatening everyone, or trying to pick fights with people. Rich gave you his answer, and that wasn't good enough, so you had to shoot back with a rude comment. If it was my site, you would have been gone a long time ago, but that's just me.

I think it's about time everyone grows up and acts their age. This isn't middle school and it's about time that the insults stop flying around. Treat others in posts as you'd like to be spoken to and you wont have a problem. You just come across very rough and brash, and that's what is causing the problem. You need to remember that while you might have much more experience than someone else, that person who is asking for help is AT least asking for it, and trying to better themselves and their snakes by finding out new things, or solving problems that arise. They dont need to be attacked for asking a question that you perceive to be dumb.

Phew, I think that's it.