PDA

View Full Version : Kink in her mid section, help?

Kink in her mid section, help?

kocorns
11-18-2004, 12:44 AM
I have just noticed a huge dip/kink in the middle of my amel. It almost looks like she got squished, She wasn't always like this. I have had her for about 8 months and she has been doing great, and never refuses a meal, infact I just fed her the last two weeks and this kink hasn't affected her digesting her food or anything. She slithers ok, except in the spot of the kink, which looks like it is exactly in the middle of her body. What could this be? It's like she had a rubber band on her while she has been growing and I just cut it off, the underside of her is really indented and I am really worried about her health. I was planning on breeding her this spring. Has this kind of thing ever happened to anyone? A kink would be one thing, but she has an indent, which I can't figure out. She just ate today, and I will keep a close eye on her. Can anyone help me, Thanks

Amanda E
11-18-2004, 11:37 AM
It's really hard to tell since I haven't felt this spot, but it almost looks to me that the "dent" really isn't a dent and that just to the sides of it she has fat deposits or something like that. The areas to the sides of that spot look like they bulge out a bit more than they should. The reason I say this is in the one photo, the bulges seems to stop a little ways to the sides and her body returns to a similar size girth of the girth of the "dent."

You might want to take her to a vet to see what they say. The vet at least should be able to tell you if there would be an extra risk if she was bred.

kocorns
11-19-2004, 12:24 AM
I will definetely take her to a vet before I would think about breeding her. It is just so weird. I don't think it is fat deposits, because she doesn't bulge out at all, just inward and it's only on her bottom side. She looks normal from the top except when she slithers, she is very stiff in that area. It is just crazy, because she was fine and normal, then it's like all the sudden this. Could it maybe be something internal? I will keep a close eye on her since I just fed her and let you know how she is doing. Just wondering if anyone has ever had this kind of thing happen to them. Thanks

Amanda E
11-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Could she have injured herself somehow, like by getting squished between something in her cage or falling on/off of something?

kocorns
11-19-2004, 11:30 AM
That is what I am kind of thinking, since she does have a really big cage, but there is nothing that could of fallen on her. She may have fallen off a branch onto somthing, but it's only about 2ft tall, so that shouldn't of hurt her like this. It does almost seem like she got injured somehow. I am glad she is eating, but I still worry about her. I will keep my eye on her and if things don't change and if she seems like she is in pain, I will take her to the vet soon. Thanks again Amanda, __TKO

kocorns
12-03-2004, 04:22 PM
My amel just shed today and she has been eating good to, so I am thinking she may have injured herself in her cage, but she seems to be healing well, she shed good and the kink seem to be a lot less noticable.

howiet4702
12-03-2004, 04:25 PM
That's great too hear. Maybe in a few weeks you can post another pic to compare?