• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

digital camara's

Jr Nimeskern

Snake lover for lifer
Im looking to buy a Digital camara... does anyone have one that they absolutly love... How many pixels should I get??? I want a nice clear pic... thank you

The two best types I have seen are Olimpus and Sony. I think Olimpus is the best. Anything by them will do though. The higher the megapixel the better but if you can help it NEVER go below 3 ok :)

Depends on how much you want to spend :) . If you're going to be using the camera mostly to take pics for the internet, and not really for getting 8x10 prints, a less than 3 megapixel camera will probably do just fine, and be easier on the wallet... In case you DO want to do these things and have the money:

I've noticed lots of people at the Herp Photography forum use the Nikon 995 digital camera ($500-$600). It has a good macro mode which can be seen in this pic: Flower (800x600) . Review #1 Review #2

The camera that I use to take pics is the Canon Powershot Pro90 IS, sometimes with the 500D close up lens. It is expensive (cheapest ~$850 + ~$85 for the lens), but I am happy with it. Butterfly pic using close up lens Review #1 Review #2

If you need more info or suggestions, I think the people on the Herp Photography forum will be able to help you out.

I dunno I just guess that if I am coffing up the chunk of change I might as well do it right. I would settle for 3.1 but I would darn sure shoot for the 5.1 iven if it meant waiting for tax return season. But untill that point the 3.1 would do just nicely. But that is just me and I am obbsessive compulsive...and I cant spell :)

Nice thanks for some of the info... I was looking at the 3.1 megapixel it looked really good... running around 250$ hey SILVER can you post a pic that you have so I can see the clarity of a 3.1 I was also looking at the 4.1 but it was around 400$ Im mainly going to do it for the internet... and I want some pics that will look nice... thanks once again

hehe sorry no hun i dont have a camera yet, but when I was planning my honeymoon to irelant (no I didnt get to go :( I did tons of research on the camers. A lot of places will have demo copys of pictures, but then again you are seeing it through the printers point. You can have the pest pic in the world, but if your printer sucks then you are sol. I actually have a cheapy camera coming in the mail. LoL I think it is like 1.5 LoL But it will do till I can afford better. Got it off ebay for 25 bucks including shipping...couldnt resist it So hopefully the pics wont suck sooooooooooo bad....then again it might not even be compatable with my computer LoL

check this link out

http://advanced.search.shopping.yah...link=dmss-browse&spaceid=41258662&realb=&top=

if it doesnt work just go to yahoo shopping and look for digital camers there :)

Last edited:
yikes i have a stinky 2.2 megapixel digicam and i think it cost like 300 bucks.
it's a kodak dx3600
Still, I guess it's better than no digicam at all..

Back