PDA

View Full Version : Another shed question...sorry

Another shed question...sorry

howiet4702
11-24-2004, 02:27 PM
My little guy shed again last night, second time in one month. However he didn't shed all in one piece. I helped him out again last night. I used a soaking wet paper towel and had him slide thru it. It worked like a charm!

What can i do to help this little guy out?

Here are the viv conditions:

Temps:

Cool side: around 72-75
Hot side: 80-86

Bedding: Aspen

Contents in cage:

Large water bowel
2 Hides: one on each side of the viv
Also, 1 moist hide...which i don't think he uses..

Humidity in my house ranges from: 50-60%

Any help would be appreciated! :)

I also tried to bathe him the last 3 days....

Skye
11-24-2004, 04:26 PM
It does sound like you are covering most bases here. What type of cage/aquarium do you have him in? Also, if he doesn't use the moist hide where it is, have you tried putting it in other places in the viv? Maybe he wants it to be a certain temperature and moist?

howiet4702
11-24-2004, 04:29 PM
I just have him in a 10 gallon tank for now. I put the moist hide in the middle of the tank. I didn't want it on either the cool or warm side, so I just put it smack in the middle of the viv..

Skye
11-24-2004, 04:39 PM
What type of lid do you have? If you have one of the wire mesh type lids then you can increase the humidity in the aquarium by covering part of the lid, try half to begin with. Also you can try moving the moist hide around to see where he likes and uses it.

howiet4702
11-24-2004, 04:45 PM
OK great...

I do have a wire mesh lid that is half covered with a light. Maybe I should cover it a little more...