PDA

View Full Version : food

food

mycornana
11-28-2004, 12:45 PM
My mice eat alot--so I was wondering if there was any homemade mixture of food I can mix up for them?

madamwlf
11-28-2004, 08:49 PM
I feed my mice a mixture of Ol' Roy dog food, sunflower seeds and peanuts. Of course they are going to eat a lot especially if they have babies. Just have to make sure they always have food.

TripleMoonsExotic
11-29-2004, 12:59 PM
If you decide to use dog food as a diet for your rodents, make sure their is NO red-dye in the ingredients. It isn't good for your snakes. I personally use PETsMART's brand of dog food (Authority) which has no red dye, and no animal by-products. They also get the grocery brand of cherrios and some seed mixed in.

sdmessmer
11-29-2004, 04:10 PM
I feed my rats and mice lab blocks that my local feed store gets for me. It is specially formulated for lab rodents, unlike dog food, and it is cheap. A fifty pound bag cost me $18. Rats especially need veggies too. I give the rodents a small handful of chopped greens every day.

Silvia

lockshockbarrel
11-30-2004, 04:32 PM
There's Suebee's mix, which is basically trail mix for rodents, and you can probably make some mix out of rat and mouse food & dog food from the petstore. Lab blocks are the best for them, though, specifically Harlan Teklad.

Quigs
11-30-2004, 05:08 PM
I feed only Mazuri Rodent 6F 5M30.

It's a little more expensive than other lab blocks, but I'm very happy with the outcome thus far. $22 - $25 for 50lbs

Every once in a blue moon, I will give all the mice a little bit of high dollar dog food.

Quigs

Amanda E
11-30-2004, 06:11 PM
I feed only Mazuri Rodent 6F 5M30.

Every once in a blue moon, I will give all the mice a little bit of high dollar dog food.

QuigsSame here. I feed LabDiet Formulab 5008 though, and give Iams dog food as treats.