PDA

View Full Version : feeding my snake

feeding my snake

suzanne
11-30-2004, 09:16 PM
I know this question has probably been asked a hundred times, but here goes 101! I got my male corn a week ago. I fed him on friday - 1 pinky. I was gonna be really busy tomorrow and decided to feed him a day early. He gobbled down the pinky. He was still very active afterward, and didn't calm down for quite awhile. He is about 14 inches long, and about the size of my pinky finger (I have small hands) I guess my question is - is one pinky enough? I just ordered 100 frozen ones! I don't want to over feed him. I am knew to this, and kinda insecure about caring for him. I have read alot, have his cage with his light and heating pad. He also has a cool side. He is very calm and dosen't mind being held. :shrugs:

mbdorfer
12-01-2004, 05:27 AM
One pinky per week is enough.
I would keep that feeding schedule for 4-5 weeks and then give 2 pinkies.
Just don't handle him until he's had 2 days to digest.
5 of my sankes are about the size of yours and only 2 of them are on bigger pinks or 2 small ones. They are all doing fine.
Sounds like you're off to good start

suzanne
12-01-2004, 06:29 AM
Thanks alot for your info. This morning when I got up he is in his hide mode. He is so great! I can't imagine why I didn't get a snake sooner. :)

cornman1979
12-01-2004, 08:39 AM
1 pinkie every 4 days then when you get to 2 pinkies feed 2 every 4 days then when you upgrade to a fuzzie feed 1 fuzzie every 5days and so on upto a week when on large mice.

Hatchling and yearlings need to be fed more often because the grow quick and can be fully grown from 2 year's old but most are fully grown at 3 years old, so little and often till they are on medium/large mice then once a week is best in my opinion.