PDA

View Full Version : regurgitation

regurgitation

Meeghann
12-02-2004, 12:58 PM
My snake regurgitated for the first time today. Im kind of worried about what caused it. Temperature is fine and I do not handle him for at least two days after feeding. The mouse is barely recognizable, mostly digested. I checked him out today and he looks as if he is about to shed(milky eyes). COuld this be the cause of his regurgitation? I am planning on waiting 10 days before next feed. Advice would be greatly appreciated! :shrugs:

rippit
12-02-2004, 01:05 PM
How big was the mouse in relation to the snake? Was it a bigger meal than the snake is used to?

MegF.
12-02-2004, 03:16 PM
A few people have posted that their snakes have regurgitated if fed just before shed. Give your snake 7-10 days and then try feeding a size down in food for the next 2 to 3 feedings. You might try Grapefruit seed extract in the water as well. 2-3 drops per 8 oz. Make sure you clean the water bowls regularly. They can get sick from bacteria in the water. I clean mine everyday now. If the bowl feels slick when you clean it, it is probably already growing bacteria.