PDA

View Full Version : Urgent--- Sick??

Urgent--- Sick??

mcp41483
12-04-2004, 04:33 AM
Hello everyone,
I might just be a little over cautious, I have had my corn since 11-15.

Well I feed her the day I got her (guy at store said she hasn't fed and I know it as a little soon but she ate fine), then i fed her a week later (small pinkie). One more week went by and I fed here again.
Well to make a long story short this last time I fed her 5 days instead of 7 because of all the post I have read. The pinkie was a little bigger but not by much compared to her. She held it down ok. Five days later I fed her again. She ate fine, but now it has been 3 days and I still see a big lump. It scares me that the lump is still there because...... If she was going to regurge because it was too big, I thought it would have been done by now and also it freaks me out that I can see her whole body inhale and exhale..... So my guess is that I fed here a too big of a pinkie.

Am I just too worried and should calm down or should I worry about her as being I can see her breathe? :shrugs:

Temp is usually around 80-85 in the warm and about 70-75 in the cool. And she spend time out of the hide and inside the hide as well.

Mcp41483

P.S. I will be getting some pictures of her up soon.....

mbdorfer
12-04-2004, 07:18 AM
I've had snakes regurge 5 days after a feed
She's probabally OK
Do you see her breathing constantly?
Also are you feeding her in the viv or in separate enclosure.

JTGoff69
12-04-2004, 08:22 AM
She's probably going to be fine, the pinkie may be too big to digest in 3 days, especially if she doesn't spend much time on the warm side of the viv.
Most of my corns breathe really heavy in and out when I first approach the viv, I think it's an innate fear response, however if you can HEAR her breathing it could be a problem with a respiratory infection. Just keep a close eye on her until she loses the lump and poops.

mcp41483
12-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Well, I woke up today and found a regurge.... so apparently I fed her too big of a pinkie... guess I will have to be more cautious about the size of the food.

Thanks for the fast replies and help.

JTGoff69
12-04-2004, 04:21 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Just make sure you wait about 10 days before attempting to feed her again, and then probably only a pinky head to be gentle on her recovering stomach.