• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How do you pronounce "anerytheristic"

Iris

I learned to say it "an-er-ther-iss-tic" because this kid I know says it that. If this is wrong, I would like to know the correct way to say it. Actually, I'm planning on buying a female anery motley at the Westchester reptile show/sale on Sunday and I don't want to sound dumb or anything. :)

I say an-er-ee ;) Seriously though, if you just say anery motley, and the person is clueless, you probably shouldn't buy from them. It's the same as saying "hypo" when you mean hypomelanistic....

yeah I figured if I couldn't find the answer I'd just say anery.
But I'm still curious what the "correct" way to pronounce it is. Is it in the dictionary? Maybe I should look it up

I've always said it like "an-erry-thriss-tic." Of course, I don't know if this is correct either. ;) Guess that's why everyone just says anery.

Well here in Texas most of us are lazy and dont pronounce most of the letters LoL I have been calling them an-ner-ris-stic They seem to understnad me...

But it is funny calling a petstore and asking what type of corns do they have and the lady goes and looks and comes back and says Albino. I say Oh ok Albino Red or Albino Black? She says Snow. LoL***Trying not to laugh at her**** I say is it an albino or a snow? She says it is an Albino.

I hang up and call 4 of the other idientical petstore chains in the area. And it turns out they all got snows.

LoL So I guess it is just a matter of perspective... you say potatoe and I say Neki-Neki-Neki-Cha-Bang! Cha-Bang!

yeah that's pretty much how I say it too. Oh well I just said "anery" and they knew what I was talking about. I got my f. anery. No anery motleys at the show..:(
This baby girl sure is cute though. :D

Ann er' i thris'tik you wont find it in the dictionary. It's from the word erythro, meaning red. Anerythristic (no red). Lookup the word erythrism, there are two ways to pronounce it, that should give you an idea. Putting a ann on the front and either pronunciation should do. IMHO

Back