PDA

View Full Version : A Big Thank You to Rich Z!

A Big Thank You to Rich Z!

Hurley
12-09-2004, 10:57 AM
Thank you for the opportunity to have a forum on your site. Looks like it will work out well. :)

Rich Z
12-09-2004, 07:57 PM
You are welcome!

I'm curious to see how this works out myself.

CAV
02-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Rich,

What are the details on the personal member forums? Is there content/topic guidelines?

Hurley
02-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Rich, Love the medallion. Very cool!

Rich Z
02-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Rich,

What are the details on the personal member forums? Is there content/topic guidelines?

Not really, but I think good taste will be in order. ;) If someone goes over the line, I will let them know..... :toiletgra

Quigs
02-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Weeeeeeeeeee....

Do I get a medallion too?

CAV
02-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Not really, but I think good taste will be in order. ;) If someone goes over the line, I will let them know..... :toiletgra

Of course, not strickly snake based was my question/concern.

"We offer you this laurel, and a hardy handshake......" -Howard Johnson, Blazin' Saddles

Quigs
02-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Weeeeeeeeeee....

Hehe...thanks Rich! I was just being ornery!

CornCrazy
02-09-2005, 07:31 PM
LOL Quigs! Always trying to copy others...

:nyah: :nyah:

Quigs
02-09-2005, 07:40 PM
nuh uh...I paid before you did! I just wanted to have a medallion like the cool kids!

hehehe

breedingcolors
02-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Have one too now! So excited!

breedingcolors
02-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Where will be the special forum Rich?

breedingcolors
02-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Oups!! Already in! What was I thinking!...

Quigs
02-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Where will be the special forum Rich?
Uhh...I believe you are here!

Hence..."Insiders Club Room"

:D

breedingcolors
02-09-2005, 08:02 PM
I noticed it after I posted it!!! lol Not enough sleep I guess...

DAND
02-09-2005, 08:11 PM
nuh uh...I paid before you did! I just wanted to have a medallion like the cool kids!

hehehe

What, they aren't numbered?

CornCrazy
02-09-2005, 08:34 PM

heheheThat's just because I was at work...not sitting at home on my butt in front of the computer! HeHeHe

Rich Z
02-09-2005, 08:38 PM
What, they aren't numbered?

THAT would be incredibly tough to implement! Good idea, though.....

CornCrazy
02-09-2005, 11:22 PM
THAT would be incredibly tough to implement! Good idea, though.....You mean...you don't want to take the time to hand number all of our tokens? :D

Taceas
02-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Moooove over, y'all. I've got meself a token too! :D

Rich Z
02-10-2005, 01:12 AM
OK people. Post like crazy in the other forums so everyone else can see your nifty medallion. Make them jealous enough to sign up too. :laugh: :laugh:

Quigs
02-10-2005, 02:30 AM
OK people. Post like crazy in the other forums so everyone else can see your nifty medallion. Make them jealous enough to sign up too. :laugh: :laugh:
Seems, I could be won over! Perhaps a couple rep points tossed in my bucket from the boss would help... :shrugs:

You pad my rep, I pad your wallet...deal?

:roflmao:

Cornfan
02-10-2005, 05:20 AM
Ooh, that's clever how it lets you into this room automatically! Nice one!

DAND
02-10-2005, 05:35 AM

Maybe my revised signature will help out some. :D

CornCrazy
02-10-2005, 05:48 AM
LOL...good one Dave! You may want to spell-check, though :roflmao:

DAND
02-10-2005, 06:00 AM
LOL...good one Dave! You may want to spell-check, though :roflmao:

That's what I get for typing before my caffeine levels have returned me to a functioning level.

CornCrazy
02-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Caffeine...YUM! I totally understand about having to get the caffeine at "functioning" levels!

CAV
02-10-2005, 08:55 AM
Perhaps a couple rep points tossed in my bucket from the boss would help.

Of course you could just post every now and then.... :rolleyes:

carol
02-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Where's your token Rich?
I think you need a big fat gold ghetto token on yours! A cornsnakes.com super contributer! Thanks for everything you do for this site, it has really grown and I can only imagine what a chore it is to up keep. :bowdown:

DdotSpot
02-10-2005, 12:57 PM
oooh...a decoder ring would be cool

CornCrazy
02-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Where's your token Rich?
I think you need a big fat gold ghetto token on yours! A cornsnakes.com super contributer! Thanks for everything you do for this site, it has really grown and I can only imagine what a chore it is to up keep. :bowdown:That's actually a good idea, Carol! Rich could have more than one level of "contributorship." For the people who want to donate a little more, Rich could have a gold token designed. And maybe a bronze on for people who can't afford to give quite as much?

DAND
02-10-2005, 02:40 PM
That's actually a good idea, Carol! Rich could have more than one level of "contributorship." For the people who want to donate a little more, Rich could have a gold token designed. And maybe a bronze on for people who can't afford to give quite as much?

It's like that over on Fauna.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63731

Rich Z
02-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Well, yeah I could set that up, but let's take this one step at a time. I wouldn't want people to think I was becoming an "MGA" in my old age, now would I? :duck:

pcar
02-10-2005, 05:18 PM
guess I missed out on this. I want to thank you Rich for providing this site, and I am glad to help you out where I can.

Cornfan
02-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Thank you for my medallion! :grin01:

JTGoff69
02-12-2005, 09:32 AM
I got mine too, Thanks Rich! How many have you gotten so far? Thanks to you new guys for helping out too, It's much appreciated!

DdotSpot
02-12-2005, 10:51 AM
A Snewbie's gotta do what a Snewbie's gotta do...

edit: Oh yeah, Rich! Big thanks for this site! You've done a wonderful job and you've created a new home for me.

Thanks!!

gardenmum
02-12-2005, 11:22 AM
LOL...I guess I'm slow on the uptake here....had my coin for a few days and never saw this thread. :nope:

I add my many thanks to you too, Rich. You do an awful lot to provide all this for everyone and it is much, much appreciated. Heck, I think many of use would go into serious withdrawels if this forum were to close. :eek: :noevil:

I realize this must be a BIG headache at times so I hope this show of support helps "lighten" the pain. :spinner:

And I agree with Carol, you need to have a SUPER coin or something. And, yeah Terri, contribution level coins. Hey, Rich, you could end up getting "contribution conpetition" that way......LOL. :)

Susan
02-13-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm in total agreement with everyone...Rich, you MUST get a gold coin for yourself!

Rich Z
02-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Well, I don't know about that gold coin thing. Maybe more like a wooden nickle would be appropriate for me, I think. ;)

Seriously you all, I do appreciate the fact that so many of you jumped right on this contribution thing with very little fanfare on my part. I really thought it wouldn't even be noticed. My wife tells me constantly that I don't toot my own horn enough....... but heck, I guess I'm too old to change now anyway....

Mary-Beth
05-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I followed the link in DAND's signature to become a contributing member :rofl:

My dad always told me I'll get what I pay for so I should pay for what I get!

Thanks for the fab forum Rich.
and fixing my user name
and giving an edit button to contributors :grin01:

Gronk
05-31-2005, 12:03 PM
Agree Mary-Beth....count me amongst the "faithful" too ! (Grin) :)

Rich Z
05-31-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys!

Tell you what, since a few of you have given me some more money to play with here, how would you like another utility that I have found right handy over on the FaunaClassifieds site? How about an integrated spell checker?

When I thought about putting it on FaunaClassifieds, I really didn't think I would like it much, but after having it there, I find I use it all of the time. People over there seem to REALLY appreciate it as well.

So, what do you think about this idea?

Hurley
05-31-2005, 12:55 PM
I saw that feature over there and I was wondering why it wasn't here. :) I used it and it worked great. I wouldn't mind having it over here, saves time for idiots like me who will never be able to type the word "label" correctly. It's lable...always will be. :p

carol
05-31-2005, 12:56 PM
How about an integrated spell checker?

OMG!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I would LOVE it! Being a working mom with quite a collection to care for, when I "sneak" time for the forum it is usually late at night or early in the morning when my brain is running on low.

carol
05-31-2005, 12:58 PM
for idiots like me who will never be able to type the word "label" correctly. It's lable...always will be. :p

Yep, just like table right? That one drive me nuts too!

DAND
05-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I followed the link in DAND's signature to become a contributing member :rofl:

Yay DAND! Oh, that's me. I'm glad to see the link has proven to be helpful.

Mary-Beth
05-31-2005, 01:56 PM
I would love love love a spell checker!
Ym speeling es so bad!

DAND, you need to find out how much you get for commission :grin01:

CornCrazy
05-31-2005, 02:36 PM
I think it would be awesome! Thanks! :)

mbdorfer
05-31-2005, 02:50 PM
Yay DAND! Oh, that's me. I'm glad to see the link has proven to be helpful.
Give yourself another pat! When I contributed, I followed your link as well :cheers:

DAND
05-31-2005, 03:11 PM
Give yourself another pat! When I contributed, I followed your link as well :cheers:

Whoo hoo! :cheers: I honestly didn't know if anyone even saw the link. I'm glad it has helped out even if only a few times.

I think this place, as well as Fauna, are huge assets to the herp community and well worth the money spent to become a contributing member. Thanks again Rich for what you have done for all of us. :cool:

Rich Z
05-31-2005, 03:51 PM
I guess I should get off my lazy arse and make up a little banner or something directing people to the page where they can sign up, huh? :eek1:

Gronk
05-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Tell you what, since a few of you have given me some more money to play with here, how would you like another utility that I have found right handy over on the FaunaClassifieds site? How about an integrated spell checker?

YES Please ! LOL

And Dand...me too..followed the link in your sig ! (Grin)

mbdorfer
05-31-2005, 05:04 PM
I guess I should get off my lazy arse and make up a little banner or something directing people to the page where they can sign up, huh? :eek1:
Or you could just let a few of us do like Dave and post the link in the signature, I'm up for it. :cheers:

kathylove
06-01-2005, 02:06 AM
I noticed the spell checker over on Fauna and was wondering if it would be coming here. I am not really all that bad at spelling, but the old eyes aren't what they used to be (not to mention the typing fingers themselves!). Seems like I don't always type what I think I am typing, and sometimes don't even catch all the mistakes. So I like to run all of my email and anything else possible through a spell check before sharing it with others.

Mary-Beth
06-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Now I'm an advertisement too. :cheers:

mrweaw
06-03-2005, 11:51 AM
FINALLY!!

I'm now part of the "In crowd" too, not just that weird chick with all the snakes!

Thanks again Rich and everyone else who makes this the wonderful place that it is.

P.S. The spell check feature is the BEST!!

E. g. guttata
10-20-2005, 03:01 PM
Had to dig this one back up because I'm wondering why Rich has no bling!!! Come on man, give yourself a pat on the back. I'll even design it for you if you want, and maybe you could make coins for those who have their own member forums. Bad idea or no??

snake5007
06-05-2006, 08:22 AM
sorry about digging up an old thread,but how did you guys put the link to be a contributing member in your sig? :shrugs:

Jessicat
06-05-2006, 06:01 PM
if you want a link that has text that leads to a specific URL you need some HTML skills.
It's pretty easy.

Because HTML codes are enabled in this thread it's hard to put the code in here for you to see it in an understandable way. Do a google search for "html writting link".. if you still are really confused I'll make a post in the test area (where HTML is not enabled)
erm sorry I couldn't be more help, it's shower time and well.... i wanna take one.
hah
good luck

snake5007
06-06-2006, 01:01 PM
thanks! i did take a look yesterday, but then my kids started playing up, so i didn't get around to trying. i think i'll do that now........