PDA

View Full Version : Inline images in messages

Inline images in messages

Rich Z
12-10-2004, 01:21 PM
I guess most people have noticed the change and I haven't heard any complaints about it, but a little while ago I changed the way in which attached images are displayed within messages. Instead of having the thumbnails and your having to click on them to see the full image, I set it up so that the images are displayed in full right in the messages themselves.

I like it better this way, but what about the rest of you?

pcar
12-10-2004, 01:39 PM
It is nice...One less click to make. Thanks

Flygning
12-10-2004, 03:11 PM
It only bothers me when the pictures are HUGE and they are bigger across than my screen is. Then, in order to read the text in the rest of the thread, I have to scroll back and forth.

jzal8
12-10-2004, 03:14 PM
it saves quite a bit of click time

Quigs
12-10-2004, 03:56 PM
It only bothers me when the pictures are HUGE and they are bigger across than my screen is. Then, in order to read the text in the rest of the thread, I have to scroll back and forth.
What's your screen resolution set at? Mines 1024x768 and I very seldom have to scoll side to side.

Quigs

Quigs
12-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to post twice.

KatieL
12-11-2004, 09:30 AM
I really like it too!

babbaloo99
12-11-2004, 11:37 PM
I like it a lot! I did notice the change but thought somehow I must have changed something in my profile setting or something. Thanks for that.

Serpwidgets
12-11-2004, 11:56 PM
The inline images are WAY better than the thumbnails. It's only once in a great while that an image is larger than the screen, and when it is, it's rarely an "attached" image anyway.

Possum
12-12-2004, 02:20 PM
i LOVE the inline images. fewer clicks is always good! thanks. :cheers:

lin

Simon
12-14-2004, 02:20 PM
I love the way it is right now
one less click~
Thanks Rich!

Taceas
01-08-2005, 01:29 AM
I didn't mind clicking to see the full image. How much effort does it take to click anyway? Whiners, the lot of ya! :D

But personally, I don't like it. Then again I am on the ancient mode of internet connection, dialup. It takes it longer to load a page than it already takes with the little smilies on the right and the ads.

Isn't there a way to make it load multiple attached images vertically, rather than side by side at least? My resolution is set at 1024x768, and I have to scroll back and forth quite a bit...which is tedious to read after a while.

At least the thumbs were a minimal download to preview the pictures to see if I wanted to see the full version or not.

Rich Z
01-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Sorry Misty, but one thing I learned in my programming days was to NEVER shoot for the lowest common denominator. Always aim for the high end, because the users will catch up sooner or later. If you shoot for the low end, then you bore everyone else, and then have to constantly be modifying the code to try to bring the lower level up a notch. It would be kind of like setting speed limits to suit a horse and buggy on the freeway.

Broadband is the future that is mostly here now. All it takes is for someone to send you a couple of large images via email and you will see that light, bright and clearly!

Now, that being said, the only option I could give you is to set up a special user group that would not display ANY of the attached images in messages at all. Won't be nearly as much fun, but it is an option I can offer.

Taceas
01-08-2005, 02:18 AM
I understand. I was just merely whining to hear myself, I think. I'll just deal with the pics I suppose, as its better than no pics at all.

Please let me clarify something, my dialup is not by choice. Southwest Indiana is SO far behind the times it's not even funny. Ever hear of an interstate grade 4-lane highway with interchanges having a speedlimit of 55 and have stoplights? Come here and witness the incredible. Our backwoodsish ways should be a tourist attraction.

Apparently I'm in an area where the satellite guy was too lazy to even want to install a DishNetwork dish at our new house. So we're subsisting on pathetic local channels, out of 9 stations, 4 are PBS that overlap on programming.

At least our new house is much closer to cable access than our old house...I can at least see the house across the field that has it. But the cable company will only run a line 200' before they have to use a booster, and are required by law to only have 6 boosters per line. :rolleyes:

If anyone has relatives who work for Insight Cable, please contact me. I'm desperate. =D

Rich Z
01-08-2005, 03:12 AM
Damn, too bad.....

I am EXTREMELY lucky that I got cable where I am. I am REALLY out in the boonies. I tried to get DSL at first, but the phone people told me I was 5 times further away then the equipment could handle. I had a Starband satellite dish for a while, which was OK, but it gets old losing the connection whenever it rains heavily.

At first Comcast was telling me that I couldn't get the internet service here at all, even though I had the cable TV hookup. It wasn't until I started asking who administered their monopoly on this service in this area that things began to move in a favorable direction. So you maybe should squeak a bit to them. By them having a monopoly in an area and you not able to go to a competing utility, there are some responsibilities on their part to not deny you service.

Good luck!

Quigs
01-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Ever hear of an interstate grade 4-lane highway with interchanges having a speedlimit of 55 and have stoplights? Come here and witness the incredible. Our backwoodsish ways should be a tourist attraction.
You're not alone there. I-64/40 in Lake St. Louis has 4 stoplights right as you get off I-70. It's fun, I know!

Hurley
01-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Well, streetlights on 4 lane highways are fun, but I especially like the stop sign on Highway 30 going through Boone, IA, myself. It's 65 coming up and going away, 4 lanes highway traffic...and it's a stop sign intersection? That would explain the huge signs, flashing lights, etc. to get people's attention to notice a stop sign where one should not be. I'd welcome a stoplight. ;)

Clint Boyer
01-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Here in Molalla Or, we have one flashing red light right in the middle of town! (that's the only light in town!).

On another note, the company I work for, provides DSL service to every one of our customers. Even the guy at the end of the line at the base of the mountain. :dancer: