Quigs
12-15-2004, 02:48 AM
ut oh...

Rich is bored and playing with colors!

hehehe

Quigs

Rich Z
12-15-2004, 03:11 AM
Yeah. The default vBulletin colors are getting old to me. Time for a new look around here.

Trying for a maroon/gray look. Maroon is hard for me to nail down though.... What I have so far isn't what I want, but I guess I can fine tune it a I go along.

Has anyone gotten violently ill from the color set yet? :-puke01:

Quigs
12-15-2004, 03:38 AM
I like the grey Rich. Easy on the eyes.

The maroon is a little...uhhh...I don't know....strong?

Rich Z
12-15-2004, 04:00 AM
Yeah. I just couldn't get the shade I wanted. So let's try grays and see how that works. Getting tired and the backup will be kicking off in a minute.

Let's see what the troops think when they see it....

Night....

drizzt_19
12-15-2004, 05:30 AM
Ok, this is not right...I wake up expecting to start off my day with a usual visit to the forums and what do I get, this grey looking palce that makes me wanna :-puke01: ...J/k

I like the greys as they are easy on the eyes,but what happened to the maroon you were talking about the other night...This is really going to take some getting used to though...Reminds me of when you changed fauna's colors...

Edit: Rich you have got to change it back to blue...My avatar just looks funky now that the whole screen is some shade of grey...Unless of couse you have a "blue" snake I can use for my avatar...LOL

pcar
12-15-2004, 11:21 AM
I like the colors now...they are very easy on the eyes...Changes like this are always good.

Rich Z
12-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Heck, I tried to get maroon but I just couldn't get the shade I wanted. There is a particular color I get in some of my Crimsons that I really like, but I just couldn't nail it down using the color tools of PhotoShop. It was getting late last night so I just fell back to this until I get time to tackle it again.

I guess I may have to dredge up a photo of one of those crimsons and use the color clone tool on the blotches.

I tried to make the bars using a gradient color, but that didn't work either. :shrugs:

So don't get used to this. It is probably going to change....

Flygning
12-15-2004, 12:31 PM
The change is a bit of a surprise, but I think I could get used to it :) It does need a bit more color though...Can't wait to see it when you get it the way you want!

rippit
12-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Thumbs up to the change

Amanda E
12-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Heck, I tried to get maroon but I just couldn't get the shade I wanted. There is a particular color I get in some of my Crimsons that I really like, but I just couldn't nail it down using the color tools of PhotoShop. It was getting late last night so I just fell back to this until I get time to tackle it again.

I guess I may have to dredge up a photo of one of those crimsons and use the color clone tool on the blotches.

I tried to make the bars using a gradient color, but that didn't work either. :shrugs:

I don't know how you are picking your colors, but because photos are so pixilated you may click on the color you think would be right, but it turns out to be something totally different.

In the hexadecimal section type in the number 660000, or set the values to C=0 M=40 Y=40 K=60; you should get a nice maroon color.

Or if that's a bit too dark, set the hexadecimal to 990000, or set the values to C=0 M=60 Y=60 K=40

Hope that helps some.

I use the color lab at visibone for all my color selection stuff. It's a little limited, but once you narrow it down a bit you can usually get the color you want.

Here's the link:
http://visibone.com/colorlab/

KatieL
12-15-2004, 06:20 PM
I know I'm still new here, and probably don't have much say, but I'm not real crazy about the new pinkish-redish color either...It kinda clashes with the website logo. Just a thought.

Hurley
12-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Getting Closer. I'm digging the Miami phase forum right now.

And I like the Bold black borders.

drizzt_19
12-15-2004, 08:20 PM
I know I'm still new here, and probably don't have much say, but I'm not real crazy about the new pinkish-redish color either...It kinda clashes with the website logo. Just a thought.

Maybe that will inspire Rich to have another logo contest???!!!

Hey Rich,

I really like these miami colors too...Even makes my avatar look good...LOL...Are these colors gonna be keepers...I hope so...

Serpwidgets
12-15-2004, 09:18 PM
If you're having fun with it... when I set up my little forum on the cornguide site last year, I found that a (seemingly) very subtle change in color from top to bottom would add a lot of depth to the images. :)

http://www.cornguide.com/forums/

(Those forums are no longer active and I'm gonna delete it when I get around to it, but you can see what I mean with the colors. :))

It's amazing how something would look really nice in the graphics program, but when I'd put it in as part of the forum's graphics it suddenly got a lot "louder" than I could have imagined.

Rich Z
12-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Serp, yeah, the graphic lingo for that effect is "gradient". I tried to incorporate that effect last night, but I guess my pain pill deadened more of my brain cells then I realized, because I couldn't get it to work for me.

I'll try it again sometime when I am not "under the influence".

Thanks.