PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Two

Feeding Two

Vicki M
12-21-2004, 04:47 AM
I got my new corn on sat. She lives in the same viv as Amber. I was thinking of feeding them both tonight. Amber in her viv as this is the only place she will eat. She takes ages (about 2 hours to eat), the pet shop said that Humbug will eat her mice in about 2mins! I will be feeding Humbug in a seperate container. The question is how long do I need to leave them apart after feeding? Is half an hour OK? and also as I have only had Humbug since sat is it too early to try feeding them both? They seem settled enough

DAND
12-21-2004, 06:06 AM
I wouldn't house the two together period, but if you are going to I wouldn't put them together until a quarantine period of at least a month has gone by. Not knowing what the new addition could be bringing along with it.

Vicki M
12-21-2004, 06:14 AM
I did take advice before I put them together and most people said it was fine. The new snake was it the pet shop fir 3week over which time i popped in once or twice a week to see her. All seemed fine, i held her and she fed fine in the shop. I checked her for mites etc. They have already been together since sat so its a bit late to seperate them now. When should i feed?

Vicki M
12-21-2004, 06:28 AM
Sorry Dand if i sounded a bit rude there, but cheers for the advice. I think there are alot of different opinions on housing two together. Im going to take them both the vet in the new year for a general check up to make sure they are both doing ok.

DAND
12-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Sorry Dand if i sounded a bit rude there, but cheers for the advice. I think there are alot of different opinions on housing two together. Im going to take them both the vet in the new year for a general check up to make sure they are both doing ok.

No offense taken.

You should be able to feed the new one now. I'd wait at least a half hour before putting them back together though. Even then I'd watch them to make sure they don't go after one another since they will both have the smell rodent and still may feel like having a snack.