• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Slinka!

SilverTongue

Friend Of Gaia
Well she still hasnt shed yet :( But I have learned that she burrows!!! She actually burrows!! I have an ivy in a clear plastic dish in her aquarium. And I caught her doing it this time. I thought maybe she just fell through a hole in the soil, because I keep messing with the plant when I am looking for her...you would think a red, white and yellow snake could be easily found in a green and yellow white plant....anyways...I watched her go back into her hiding place this time. She actually forces her way into the soil. Using her snout to push through almost like a shuvel. It is increadable! Atleast I think so! Just wanted to share that with you guys. I thought it was cute :) When my camera gets in I will try and get a picture if it. :)

lol
One of my snakes does that too. He burrows around the aspen and it's so cute to see the aspen get pushed up as he wanders around.

Yeah I ahve moss in my tank and it looks like buggs bunny mooving around underground when she slips under the moss LoL

I just got my baby girl corn yesterday and I went to look for her this morning when I woke up and she was no where to be seen. I just about freaked, but I just lifted her plastic shoebox up a bit and saw her on the bottom, sleeping away. It is actually pretty cute!

Yeah I added a '02 texas ratsnake and a '02 snow corn to her cage and they all just cuddle together :) It is very pressious!

Heh - I can't help but laugh whenever I catch a snake doing the "bugs bunny" under the aspen.

As far as snakes that you lose, but never lost - I stuck a fake (hollow) tree thingy into a snake enclosure once. The next day I went to say, "Hi", but the snake wasnt there! Not under the aspen.... but no possible way to escape.. WTH? I then took a closer look and noticed that the new furniture had room for her to squeeze underneath, and IN to the decor. I still wasn't posetive, but I felt I'd found her... I eventually managed to get her to show herself by holding the decor in my lap, upside down, for about 20 minutes... She loves to climb (a grey-banded kingsnake) so it coaxed her up toward the entry point, and then it was a simple matter to extract her.

I don't use any more hollow decor for my herps :) too much headache.

^Curtis

Well instead of letting them go to waste just fill the openings with tank sealent. Or some type of non toxic apoxicy (sp)

Back