PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Anery A or B and Lavender....

Questions about Anery A or B and Lavender....

Rhoman
07-22-2002, 10:30 AM
I am planning a project and am curious, two of the hets I have that I plan to cross to my lavender females, are are het for anery a and stripe in one male and anery b and stripe in the other. My question is what effects does anery have on lavender? I'm not looking for definites just theories, I'm still fairly new to corns and don't want to have a major headache sorting them out. By the way they are both amel males so I am shooting for opal stripes. Thanks for the help.
Rhoman

Khaman
07-22-2002, 10:57 AM
One there is no way of knowing with hets if the gene will get passed on from a Het parent.
You only have a 25% chance that you will get stripe amel and Lav in the same animal with each cross. i don't know what anery B does to the Lav gene but Rich posted a pick of an animal Homo for Anery A and Lav and it looked like a Caramel. but that was just one animal so who knows.

Rich Z
07-22-2002, 11:46 AM
As far as 'A' Anerythrism and Lavender is concerned, this is kind of strange. Logic tells me that 'A' Anerythrism would likely overpower and pretty much obscure Lavender. However, last year I bred some animals together that are 'A' Anerythristics het for Lavender and got a few regular looking Lavenders in the clutch. Thinking I must have been mistaken, I bred SEVERAL clutches of those this year. So far, only one clutch has hatched enough that some babies are crawling about, and sure enough, there are a couple of regular Lavenders in there.

It just doesn't seem logical that Lavender would overpower Anerythrism, now does it? But preliminary evidence is pointing to this as being the case.

Of course, now I am wondering just what the heck that one animal I presented a photo of in here that I thought was a combo of 'A' Anerythrism and Lavender really is.

Now last year I bred Snows that were het for Lavender together, and each and every baby looked like a regular Snow. I kept a few of them back, just because I couldn't believe a triple homozygous animal wouldn't look at least somewhat different from just a regular Snow, but so far, there really is nothing showing up. So perhaps my luck was just rotten with that breeding. I have done that breeding again this year, so I'll just have to wait and see what I come up with this time around.

Although I do have some Charcoals that came from breeding second generation animals from my Lavender x Blizzard project, I do not believe I have bred any of them together yet.

Rhoman
07-22-2002, 01:00 PM
What particulars did you use to determine Snows from Opals? I was under the impression that they were very simliar. Thank you for your reply and your expertise.
Rhoman