• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

is this normal poop?

howiet4702

Wanted: Jasper Co Okeetee
My snake just pooped and it kinda looks like a regurge and a poop together. It was in the corner were she always poops and it looks like a combo of poop and a little bit of a pinky skin. I fed her 5 days ago and I just fed her earlier today. I know it's not the meal from today because I moved her up to peach fuzzy's. Does this sound normal? The poop was a little white with tan and a little bit of watery substance.

I know and seen what a regurge is and it really doesn't look like it.

Thanks!

The same thing happened to me last week. It's normal for a corn to not fully digest the skin or fur, and you'll def see it in the poop. Especially if you just upped a feeder size.

If it doesn't look like a regurg (STINKY half digested mouse, covered in slime), chances are it's just gross poop.

so sometimes they don't digest the skin? that's good to know. I mean it smells, but not as bad as a regurge. I know a regurge, you can smell that thing a mile away... :puke01:

What does "normal" look like?

Uh, as long as we're on the subject, what does normal snake poop look like anyway. Yesterday, one of them pooped on my bed !yuck! and it was a very watery, slimy like consistancy. It was kind of like an egg, except instead of yellow yolk, it was a very dark center, with a little bit of white and some clear. The dark part was not solid, nothing solid. Is this normal, or would that be considered diarreah? Sorry if this grosses anyone out, but I think it's important.

Normal, especially if your snake is young. It does tend to firm up a bit as the snake gets older.

Good timing on this thread, because I have a question as well. My hatchling has been leaving behind very dark, lumpy feces with no white at all. It's a very solid mass. I've been feeding him one pinky every 3-4 days. It doesn't smell any differently than the standard stuff left behind by my slightly older snake (the older snake leaves the standars dark brown/white). Is this something I should be concerned about?

that happened...

the first time my hatchling went to the bathroom a few days after i brought him home and i freaked out, posted a message here, contacted the breeder, called the vet...i thought it was a regurgitation at first, but upon further examination it proved to be a number two. it has never happened again. i was told that sometimes a small portion of the mouse may not fully digest and that you will see some pink along with the waste, it's nothing to worry about as far as i know.

my baby's first poop was right in my hand so i got a really good look at it, freaked out and came on here to find out if it was normal, i think alot of poeple do the same thing, but i've heard it does very some what form snake to snake.

norbert03 said:
the first time my hatchling went to the bathroom a few days after i brought him home and i freaked out, posted a message here, contacted the breeder, called the vet...i thought it was a regurgitation at first, but upon further examination it proved to be a number two. it has never happened again. i was told that sometimes a small portion of the mouse may not fully digest and that you will see some pink along with the waste, it's nothing to worry about as far as i know.

Same here...I thought all along that it was a regurge by my new snake. Actually, I'm glad it wasn't a regurge...Poor girl...I was waiting 10 days after each meal because I thought it was a regurge.... :(

Back