PDA

View Full Version : new to hatchlings

new to hatchlings

reaper
07-22-2002, 07:38 PM
hi all

getting a bit worried about slayer my amel she is not feeding i got her on friday 20th july 02 she was born on the 09th june 02 record from shop said she last fed on the 13th july.

i have put pinkie in with her tonight and she has just not taken it so i am going to leave untill the morning.

i have only handled her when i have chaged the kitchen paper as she has a habit of tiping water bowl over, and normaly bites me is this normal for hatchlings and how long do i give it untill i try and feed her again if pinkie is still there. how long should i let her settle till i start to handle her for a short time each day and will this stop her biting me. any advice on how i can get feeding would be great

thanks

reaper
07-23-2002, 03:41 AM
checked her this morning and pinkie was still there. so do i just keep trying or should i leave for a few days and try again

Simon
07-23-2002, 03:13 PM
take the pinky out and try again around 4-5 days later and see.
If it doesn't work again, you still have a lot of things that you can try.

1) braining the pinky
2) scenting the pinky with lizard
3) live
4) live braining
5) pinky head
6) lizard

These are just some of the things that you can do. But not in any order.

I would try the f/t pinky first and then braining the f/t pinky and then live pinky, braining live pinky, and then f/t pinky head, pinky head, scenting a pinky with lizard, then finally lizard. If everything fails, try everything again. If nothing works.....then I guess try force feeding....but this is highly unrecommanded until it actually reaches a very bad point.

Good Luck and Happy Herping! Hope that the little one will eat soon for you!

reaper
07-25-2002, 06:27 AM
thanks for all the advice but decided to take slayer back to the shop as she is still not feeding. i manged to swop her for a anery corn which is bigger and older as i felt that could not trust hatchlings from that shop.

thanks

Iris
07-25-2002, 07:41 PM
guess it's better safe than sorry. sort of
I love anerys! Do you have a pic? I'm sure you'll have better luck with this one