PDA

View Full Version : how long after regurg?

how long after regurg?

Lick_um
01-02-2005, 06:25 PM
hello all, I have a quick question - I have a 4 year old snow. I have had him for about 2 months - the last feeding was a f/t small rat. He took to it fine - but I think it was a bit to large for him. I came back to him about 15-20 minutes after giving it to him and he had spit the thing back up. It looked as though he only got a few inches of it down b4 it came back up. My question is how long should I wait to feed him again? I have heard 10 days after a regurg - but he didn't actually "eat" it completly - just a little bit of it. Also - is that a reason he could have spit it back up, being that it was just to large? :shrugs:

Thank you all in advance for your help,

Eric

monkeymonstr
01-02-2005, 06:58 PM
yes whate for 10 days dont have any contact with the snake unless to give it water and ofter 10 days feed it a small or medium mouse depending on how big the corn is and see how the snake does with it etc also is the temp / humidity the correct temp

cornman1979
01-02-2005, 07:05 PM
I agree 10 days just to be safe and leave the snake alone for 7 days except to change the water, then pull him/her out and handle for a very short space of time (I recomend around 5-6 mins) i recomend this just to make sure every thing is ok (should be but it's something i've done for 7-8 years now just to be safe).
As to feeding I would feedthe next 2 times on a small mouse for the first meal then a medium about 7 days after the first, to give his/her body time to build up the bacteris and acids in it's stomac.

Lick_um
01-03-2005, 09:07 AM
so - even though he did not eat the whole thing before regurging - I should still wait 10 days? From what I could see he only got down to the front legs of the rat. Is it possible that the rat was just to big for him to get down? If that is the case, does he still need to wait the 10 days?

Thanks again.

brownie55
01-03-2005, 09:13 AM
If the snake is healthy and has been eating well, a 10 day lay off won't hurt him a bit. Better safe than sorry.