PDA

View Full Version : Food shouldn't be this cute...

Food shouldn't be this cute...

carol
01-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Since I have tried my hand at breeding mice, I have turned into a mouse loving monster, I want to keep them all and I HATE it when the males turn out this cute. He even has a little black butt! I have also started naming them....how embarassing! :-puke01:

Spirit
01-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Note to self: Never come into this forum ever again.

*remembers how cute they are alive*

:(

That's one pretty damn cute mouse. Kinda reminds me of my cat when she was a kitten (the markings).

But it's all good. The mice I feed my snake were never alive. They grew on trees. Or maybe in little eggs, packed in someones garden. Yep. :)

Taceas
01-03-2005, 04:20 AM
Tell me about it...sometimes I have to wonder why in the heck I introduced colored mice into my colonies. Sometimes they ARE too cute to kill, and it never fails...the cutest ones always end up being male, always. Which is exasperating, I need new females, not new males. =P

While gone on Christmas vacation for a week, I had a whole slew of fuzzies when I left..and when I got back, I was pleasantly surprised by 50 crawlers and hoppers that were just almost too cute to feed off. But one look at my hungry snakes pacing back and forth in the front of their containers, and that was all it took to serve "dinner".

In the group of youngest babies, I've got beige babies with red/tan bellies..cutest darn things I've ever seen. I've saved back most of those I found to see if most of them end up being female (as they look right now still under-developed). :rolleyes:

DAND
01-03-2005, 05:26 AM
When I have extra mice I take them to shows I attend. I have sold more as pets or to people who want to save them from getting eaten because they are too cute then the ones I sell for food.

My wife used to act like the Governor and give the cute ones stays from their death sentence. I'd find more and more in the reprieve tanks.

Sasheena
01-03-2005, 07:46 AM
Oh now that is one AWESOME mouse. I want it! :) That's either Roan or Merle. I used to have four snakes... then I bought mice to raise for the snakes... then I had LOTS of mice because I really got into mice! Then I had to go and buy a bunch more snakes to EAT all the extra mice. :)

Quigs
01-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Ahh yes, that's herpers mathematics at it's finest right there, Sash! :grin01:

Itch
01-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Carol,

I got one with a little piggy tail, now I'm breeding him back to mom to see if it's inheritable. What is wrong with me???

By the way, you're babies are doing nicely. They're fiestly little ones.

Hurley
01-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Too, too cute, that. I miss my rat racks with my blues and hairless and rexes. :( They are so much fun and adorable. You don't get cuter than right after they open their eyes.

brownie55
01-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Whew, when I saw Quigs on this thread I was afraid he had gotten sentimantal :rolleyes: . Glad I was wrong.

JM :o)
01-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Took some pics today and remembered this thread~ here are some of my favorite "Cute Foods"
This is a seal point mouse we call "Fat Boy"~ he has moderately long hair~ but when bred to my longer haired females he throws some really hairy babies! (Unfortunately the really curly long hiared ones seem to be a week gene combination and they rarely survive to adults)

01-05-2005, 03:16 PM
More pics~
This is a little brindle male I held back because his colors are just like my dog! And a cute little Dumbo Rat I'm holding back for a future breeder

01-05-2005, 03:19 PM
And finally~ this is "Prince" He's a seal point rat we joke is as "big as a small cat!" He is a BIG guy! (Not aggressive~ but not a pet either~ I was a little worried I would be sorry if he decided to take a bite out of me while I was taking photos!! Luckily he was a gentleman!)

Currin1019
01-09-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks those suckers are cute. We had two mice in college that I adored: Molson and Goliath. They were the cutest things. I could never breed to feed. Sorry. My dh is in charge of all the feeding because I think even the ugliest of pinkies is a cutiepie. Hopefully Snickers will take to not eating live mice. *fingers crossed*

Jessicat
01-10-2005, 04:00 PM
This is Ginger, a Satin Fancy Mouse. I've got another Satin, a white female.
I've also got a fancy for rats..
:rolleyes:

Simon
01-10-2005, 11:11 PM
lol
nice and cute little bugger
the only thing is that if I started keeping these my gf would definately dump me and kill me....so can't keep any of these little ones for sure. Dead are still alright, live mice = dead Simon.....

Cornfan
01-11-2005, 06:17 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one to find these little things absolutely adorable. I just started with my breeding colony and they're gorgeous.

http://www.reptilecrazy.co.uk/forum/uploads/Cornfan/images/2005-01-08_075120_groupmice.gif

and here's one of the long-haired scruffy ones

http://csftp.co.uk/corn/uploads/post-34-1105286307.gif

brownie55
01-11-2005, 08:22 AM
My snake was looking over my shoulder when I had this thread open. He wants to know why so many of you are playing with your food! :sidestep:

dionythicus
01-18-2005, 04:50 PM
We have a plain white rat that we bought last summer as a baby as a feeder. She went in with Cooper (creamscicle male) and when the snake approached, the rat went nose to nose with him and Cooper backed down. Three times. So now she lives the life of luxury and we went back to F/T mice. Not that the snakes mind. At least they don't have food with an attitude.

BTW, I've owned many pet rats over the years and love them. We're going to get more in the future.

jaja
01-18-2005, 08:32 PM
ya they are cute...THEN YOU REALIZE THAT YOUR SNAKES ARE HUNGRY AND YOU STUN THE LIITLE SUCKERS AND THEN WATCH THE BLOODBATH TAKE PLACE.lol....FOOD CHAIN PPL GET OVER IT.

So Pirate55
01-20-2005, 02:26 PM
the only thing is that if I started keeping these my gf would definately dump me and kill me

hahhaa i'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. If i started raising mice then i would never be allowed to kill them. My gf would want to to keep all of them. I made the mistake of letting her talk me into breeding one of my hamsters with one of my cousins. OH boy, this could prove detrimental..............or a new source of snake food.

Possum
01-21-2005, 06:01 PM
I made the mistake of letting her talk me into breeding one of my hamsters with one of my cousins. OH boy, this could prove detrimental..............or a new source of snake food.

:eek1: AARGH...was it better for the hamster or the cousin???lol :roflmao:

lin

princess
01-28-2005, 05:50 AM
I bred mice last summer and want to do it again this summer but I have to figure out how to convince my boyfriend (he hates having mice on the balcony). I've just sent him off today to pick up 100 frozen fuzzies and hoppers so it'll be a while before I need feeders again anyway. Last year I started in the last week of march when it's a little warmer out (still bloody cold by my standards!) and did the final cull in August. You can really produce a stack when you try!

I had a few real cuties too (inevitably males!) mostly spotty types, black, brown or tan spots on a white background, very pretty.

I like the fact that I know what food is going into my mice...therefor what food is going into my snakes....but it's just sooo much extra work.

..but youknow how it is....I'll probably do it again!!!

carol
02-19-2005, 01:01 AM
All grown up and a daddy now, gee they grow up so fast. ;) I was actually trying to get a pic of one of his kids and he had to jump in front and check out the camera. Extreme Close Up WOOOOOOOO