PDA

View Full Version : Eimeria - blue/green fluid?

Eimeria - blue/green fluid?

ChaosCat
01-05-2005, 08:52 PM
I think I may have to put my beautiful blizzard corn down. Her Eimeria coccidia is not responding to treatment, and now the coccidia have infected her bile duct, causing a small, mid-body lump full of blue/green fluid.

We're trying more Trimethoprim sulfadiazine, this time IM. We've tried the oral version, and it didn't do any good.

This is really upsetting. My other corns are clean, but she is not. I'm guessing she either got the coccidia from a live mouse I fed her, or she's had it all along. I know I sold my second blizzard some time ago, and I wish I could get in contact with that person to find out if perhaps that blizzard, which was a sibling to mine, has the coccidia.

I'm not sure what else to do right now. Her stomach wall is sloughing pus, large chunks of pus. The lump was drained of fluid, but the fluid will probably come back.

Any help would be appreciated.

babbaloo99
01-05-2005, 09:00 PM
I can't be of much help, but I am sorry to hear of this. I hope the best for you and the snake.

thelyonsking
01-05-2005, 09:37 PM
I am a newbie, however, I am also a Medical Technologist with enough microbiology knowledge to be dangerous :shrugs: I did a search on Eimeria coccidia and the first site I got on Google was http://www.saxonet.de/coccidia/index.htm You might see if this guy has any infor for you...

thelyonsking

JTGoff69
01-05-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that Cat, my normal I got from you is doing great. Other than not shedding a full shed this last time (probably due to the heat being on) she is a monster who is eating like crazy. She has also calmed down ALOT and is very handleable. I hope everything works out for you!

Missy
01-06-2005, 03:51 AM
wow cat, i too am very sorry to hear of this, and i wish you and your little one all the best. (((HUGZ)))