PDA

View Full Version : challenges or losers?

challenges or losers?

Possum
01-10-2005, 08:59 PM
undefined .guys...i have an '03 f snow from kathy love who is right now resisting food for 4 wks...no signs of brumation. tried f/t fuzzies, f/t cut fuzzies, and live hoppers. until 4 wks ago was eating one small mouse per week.

hints? fecal smear is normal, as is cbc. and yes, i do feel like a total dork. :bounce:

thanks,

lin

cornman1979
01-11-2005, 06:40 AM
Some snakes goes of their food at tis time of year and kind of "semi-hibernate". My amel has just eaten after 6 week's of not doing, and i put it down to the semi-hibernation, as poop samples were fine and he hasn't lost any weight (well 6 grams over 6 weeks for a 28inch long yearling?). He's now eating again once a week, so i would advise offering him/her food once a week and maybee get a sample analised. (sorry for the spelling)

DAND
01-11-2005, 07:35 AM
Is the temperature high enough?

tai_pan1
01-11-2005, 09:20 PM
I have a male Miami that quits feeding every November and doesn't start up again until January. I never brumate him, and temps are good. Some snakes just "know" that it's winter time. Last year he went 13 weeks without eating. As long as she's not losing a lot of weight, I wouldn't worry about it.

Mike