PDA

View Full Version : shedding problems

shedding problems

prncss202005
01-11-2005, 09:55 PM
My albino corn snake has not shed in about 2 months. He feeds normally. He also looks a bit cloudy but still has not shed. Can someone give me some advice on what to do? I'm not sure if I should take him to a vet or just leave him be. I have never heard or read about this before.

MegF.
01-11-2005, 11:34 PM
How old is he? If he's older they usually shed less often.

Vicki M
01-12-2005, 06:01 AM
A corn will be brightest when they have just shed. So between sheds the skin seems to go darker and darker until shed time. Then you will usually notice the underbelly seems milky and then the eyes go milky then the skin changes (most corns seem to appear a blue ish shade but my amel just looks whiter). Then all will appear almost normal for a few days then they will shed. The whole process (from when the belly changes) will usually take about 2 weeks but this depends on the snake. An adult corn will usually only shed about 6-8 times a year but a younger corn (say under 18months old) will usully shed about every 4 weeks or so. I would suggest you just wait and see. If hes still eating and is active then dont worry at all. He will shed when hes ready :)