PDA

View Full Version : Feeding my 2 yr old enough??

Feeding my 2 yr old enough??

bunnie800
07-24-2002, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure if I'm feeding my snake enough, but I'm afraid of overfeeding him. He's nearly 2 yrs old and I'm feeding him 1 adult mice every 7 days. What do you think? - Thanks!

pdrau
07-24-2002, 09:03 PM
How long after feeding your snake is the bulge noticable? Should be right around 36 to 48 hours. How big is your snake? Maybe feeding two weanling mice might be better than one adult mouse.

Peter

Alicia
07-24-2002, 09:46 PM
It depends on how big your snake is. I'm sure that your 2 year old is big enough to eat a full size mouse. IMHO your snake won't get over weight eating a mouse every 7 days:) All my 2 year olds and up are eating full size mice and I have 1 yearling who is almost ready to move up from weanlings. If he's not having any problem eating that size mouse and he's not regurging, then it sounds like your doing ok.

bunnie800
07-25-2002, 12:01 PM
He's about 1" in diameter. I see the bulge for about 2 days. I moved him to adult mice about 4 weeks ago because he seemed to digest 2 fuzzies quickly and was very active the day after feeding him. He hasn't had any problems eating the adult mice, so far. How much are you guys feeding your full-grown snakes (3yrs+)?
Thanks for your replies! :)

CornsnakeKeeper
07-25-2002, 12:19 PM
My 3 or 4 year old adult corn eats one large or jumbo mouse every week and a half usually. If the mice are small, he'll often get two a feeding.

Alicia
07-25-2002, 12:43 PM
I do the same as Cornsnakekeeper, if the mice are big 1 is enough. I only feed 2 if the mice are a little small. I feed the males once a week and the females every 5 days. If he was real active the day after feeding him it was time to go to the next size mouse:D

Jimmy C.
07-25-2002, 01:43 PM
Hi Bunnie800,
After fuzzies I go to hopper mice. Then if they digest these very quickly I go to two hoppers and then to adult mice. I do this once a week.
If you are not having any problems with feeding one adult I would stick with that.
Jimmy C.