PDA

View Full Version : i just dont know

i just dont know

Abuyoussef
07-25-2002, 01:32 AM
hey guys i will be probing my snake and i will be getting an opposite sex for that snake....so is it ok if i put both of them together....both will be like 11 month or one year...will they mate or how is it exactly i dont know ...... or is there a mating season ......... thank you ....

Iris
07-25-2002, 03:03 AM
I definitely would NOT put them together especially if the female is only a year old. She could become gravid while housed with a male and at one year she'd be way too small to safely lay. Two years would probably be risky too unless she's really big for her age. Keep them housed separately for at least the first 3 years and then if you absolutely have to, keep them in the same tank.

It's also important to quarantine him/her for a while. If (s)he did have some parasites or something, you wouldn't want him/her to spread it to the other snake.

Mating season is typically spring and summer but depending on temps and if you brumate your corns, they could mate at any time. Most people recommend, as a rule of thumb, that the female be at least 3 feet long before breeding her.

kris (UK)
07-25-2002, 03:26 AM
you may want to 'cool' or 'brumate' your corns when you breed them. a lot of breeders do, a lot dont. What it basically is, is putting your corns in artificial hibernation, so they do not eat or have light and are ina very cool temperature, all that they have is fresh water daily. You will have to read up on this yourself to decide wether or not you will do this but, ask around and you will find out for yourself about all aspectes of breeding!

:D KRIS

Abuyoussef
07-25-2002, 05:49 AM
my snake is shedding :o)

i want him tp be a big guy