PDA

View Full Version : FOUND it info on mice

FOUND it info on mice

countMEout
01-24-2005, 01:06 PM
this is my third post found the right place
Looking to possibly start breeding mice for food for my corn. My question I have is if anyone has any links to a site that i could order certain strains of mice. Ideally I would be interested in getting a strain that has a larger than average amount of offspring. Thank you for any help

Slitherin'
01-24-2005, 02:34 PM
swiss webster mice from www.harlan.com, however they are pretty expensive ($3 each) and you might have to jump through some hoops to get them shipped out, like paying for a box and expensive shipping, picking up at the airport. Most mice breeders use these type of mice for their large litter size, fast growth and high body weight. You may be able to find a local mouse breeder. I was able to have a local breeder hand pick good looking mice potential breeders from his bins at the sex ratio's I needed for about $0.50-0.75 each.

countMEout
01-24-2005, 03:14 PM
I was just further curious about all the mouse. With the swiss webster breed once ordered will you get all of one gender or is it just a random mix of mice? so you could in theory end up with all males although i suspect the large litter size would fall on the female. thanks for any further information.

Slitherin'
01-25-2005, 12:07 PM
what sex you want through Harlan or through a breeder.