PDA

View Full Version : in corns who grown bigger female or male

in corns who grown bigger female or male

Abuyoussef
07-27-2002, 05:34 AM
yeah........in snakes i know that females are bigger...but i thought i read a couple of days ago that males are bigger in corns....:) thank u

Iris
07-27-2002, 01:31 PM
i'm pretty sure it's males who grow bigger

greasychips
07-28-2002, 11:47 AM
it is males who grow bigger, i have red it in about 3 corn snake books that i have, i am quite sure i am right.

:cool: :cool:

miamijuan3
07-29-2002, 01:49 PM
yep males grow bigger according to the manual.....

Simon
07-29-2002, 02:11 PM
males tend to get bigger because they don't have to lay eggs. So that is more energy to grow instead of sharing the energy to lay eggs

Vedica
07-31-2002, 03:24 AM
Abuyouseff---
You need to get your snakes probed to detrmine their sex, or if they are smaller (babies) they can be popped. Be careful though. I really disagree for the most part with males being larger in size. Males burn a tremendous amount of energy engaging in sexual activity, although not as much as females producing eggs. I have 10 corns, and not a single one of my males is as large as my females. They are all about the same age as those I breed them to, and I tend to feel that females eat a considerable more than do male snakes. At least this is my observation in all of the snakes listed below, esp. hogs, rainbows, balls, Pueblans, and kings. What I should really say is that trying to determine sex of corn snakes by their size is not really a good method to employ. There are visual characteristics you can look for to determine sex such as tail length, hemi-penile bulge--- good luck with sexing your snakes.
Vedica:D