PDA

View Full Version : Corns in france

Corns in france

Abuyoussef
07-27-2002, 12:29 PM
hey im going to france in 9 days ...i would like to know are there any corn in france and cheap ones ......if anyone knows he please .... tell me the prices

SilverTongue
07-27-2002, 12:54 PM
I dont know how up to date these links are but it is worth a try :)

http://www.vaherper.com/pages/weurope.htm

Have fun in france!

Vedica
08-01-2002, 06:18 PM
Abuyoussef, I don't know that buying a corn in France and trying to take it back to UAE is a good idea. Customs might have something to say about that. The cost to get papers to legally transport animals is really not worth it unless you do it in great numbers.

Rachel
08-02-2002, 01:21 PM
Where abouts in the emirates are you from?? I used to live in AL-Ain so flew from Dubai International. As I guess you know, there are no quarantine laws in the Emirates so it wouldnt be a problem "smuggling" them in but more a problem getting them out of France. You also need to arrange proper transport for them, you cant simply take them in your hand luggage! Also you need papers for importing livestock...If you are flying by Emirates or KLM I think they will accept snakes as domestic animals. You should check up on this, many aircraft wont take snakes as they regard snakes as vermin.
Hope this helps!

Abuyoussef
08-03-2002, 10:16 AM
im thinking of summugling them in the country.......it will be hard but ill risk.......ohhhh i know al ain its full of snakes......but dubai ...nothing.....i used to know a guy called samer al khoury in al ain u know him

Rachel
08-05-2002, 03:13 PM
I know a Patricia Al Khoury. Dont know if they are related... anyway off the subject...
I would be really careful about smuggling, I take it you are well aware of the risks unless you know "the right people". YOu can buy snakes in Dubai, they are way more common there that Al Ain! Do you know the pet shop on the Sheik Zayed Road? Its on the left ( if you were driving to Abu Dhabi, same side as the Trade Tower). I cant remember the building name....its the white one with blue mirror windows. They sell corns, and the shop on Jumeria road (opposite Spinneys) sell snakes. Im not sure if they have corns or not but Im sure they'd import them for you. At the end of the day it would be much cheaper, easier and kinder to get them imported legally!

Abuyoussef
08-06-2002, 04:54 PM
yeah...its called PETLAND ...man they dont have corns...they have red-tailed boas..... for around 5000$ us .... and pet world ..... in opposite sypinnyes....... whats ur email ...if u have msn addd me ta_ta_ta_ta@hotmail.com ....... man but the shops on al ain they feed all there snakes yolk and remove there teeth,,,,,

Katie
08-07-2002, 12:44 PM
Abu,

Did you say they remove the snakes teeth and feed them egg yolk? I highly doubt it. If they really removed ALL of a corns teeth they'd have some serious infection on their hands I would think. Besides that, why would anyone do that???

I know I recognized your name from somewhere. I believe it was you that was trying to convince people of that exact same thing on kingsnake a few months ago..... ??

Rachel
08-07-2002, 02:00 PM
Sorry Katie but it is sadly true. I lived there for 10 years so I would know. The snakes are in poor health. The teeth are removed to prevent bites. Some just remove venom from venomous snakes but some ill-educated people remove the teeth.

Abuyoussef
08-07-2002, 03:05 PM
hey kate i would never never never touch my corn's teeth ...... but in the festival this biiiig tent of this snake place....they do remove the teeth....they even did it infront of me....i was going to slap the guy .....but i was like what would i gain......most of the snakes die after 2.3 month......but u know what ......they do survive healthy on yolk/....even boas get fed yolk.....i dont know how...............

kris (UK)
08-18-2002, 05:16 PM
. . . adn have a healthy life ? ? ? ? pulling out corns teeth!!! that is so cruel hasnt somebody reported petco ? ? ? i thihnk they should!!

KRIS

BeniciaBrian
08-18-2002, 05:54 PM
This guy is over in the United Arab Emirates. And its not Petco, it is a petshop over there called Petland.

Rachel
08-20-2002, 08:53 AM
Umm, no its not the petshop that does that. Believe it or not they still have strict legislations! Its usually snake charmers that do that sort of thing, or ill educated owners or markets. I would never shop somewhere that treated their animals like that! Read the posts properly guys!! Also reporting it would be a waste of time because although there are basic animal welfare laws they dont stretch to personal property. So pet shops have to be clean, hmane etc but it doesnt really matter what people do to their own animals. I was horrified by some of the stuff I saw including the snakes having their teeth ripped out.

Katie
08-20-2002, 01:14 PM
Yuck and double Yuck! That's terrible. Someone should educate those people on how to properly care for snakes!

Rachel
08-21-2002, 04:29 AM
Well, good luck to whoever does. Being 'set in thier ways' is a very apt description of some of these people.

Rachel
08-21-2002, 04:34 AM
PS Its not only the snakes they should be told how to treat well. Animals in general.

linkdotbiz
07-10-2005, 12:00 PM
lol i was yahoo'ing up my name and i found it here..so who are you that used to know me?

~slither~
07-10-2005, 12:12 PM
linkdotbiz, I think your a bit confused mate. Where was your name mentioned? Check the dates of this thread, it's 3 years old!!!!