PDA

View Full Version : over-under weight?

over-under weight?

mourne
02-03-2005, 05:45 AM
i have two 04 hatchlings (dont know exact age) they are doing real well feeding,shedding ect.the Miami i got in May it was 20g in Sept 35g in Nov and was 80g in January the Anery stripe motley was 30g in Sept 49g in Nov and was 132g in January do u think that was a lot of weight to put on in 2 months? or is that about right and the Miami under weight?. When i got them they were both approx 18" long they are both about 30" now.They were both fed every 5-6 days now that they are both on small mice it is now every 6-7 days.I dont want to over feed but dont want them hungry either.any feed back would be helpful.thanks.

Alias47
02-03-2005, 01:25 PM
All snakes will develop at varying rates...sounds to me like you have some very good growers...but it also sounds like you have been feeding them the right size prey instead of mice that are too small...

mourne
02-05-2005, 06:48 AM
Thanks Alias47 for ur reply.I think i`m looking after them ok but like to be reassured in case i`m wrong.

oreo1700
02-06-2005, 01:47 AM
sounds like ur doing a good job. dont fear a jump in weight gain, it is simply growth. that happened with my snakes, one day i looked and realized how much they've grown. hope ur looking in to breeding, its a lot of fun.