PDA

View Full Version : I've so been missing out!

I've so been missing out!

Kilojara16
07-27-2002, 07:58 PM
I just went to my first reptile show and I loved it. I couldn't get a corn there, but I still managed to end up broke when I left. My dad seems to really like reptiles now. He really liked this nice indigo snake. My brother has decided he likes turtles, but still liked the snakes he saw. Now I can't wait to get my corn after seeing all those baby corns. I'm still very anxious.

CornsnakeKeeper
07-27-2002, 07:59 PM
Wow! Cool... looks like you may have more than one corn in your future with the others in your family starting to like reptiles.

Missymonkey
07-29-2002, 10:53 AM
turtles are definatly cool, but from what I've heard most of them live for seventy or more years (some even over a hundred) now would I seriously want to will my turtle to someone?...

I remember reading a tale of a fourth grade nothing, where fudge ate peter's turtle, and I got so mad, and horrified that the poor turtle was in fudge's tummy :( ... and that's when I wanted to get a turtle, but I wanted one that stayed pocket size forever and didn't live long (not to be cruel) cuz I didn't really want to take it to the grave with me...

CornsnakeKeeper
07-29-2002, 12:09 PM
LOL...I have one turtle too many here...
Red Eared Sliders...
They're neat, but they need big tanks...
Practically anytime you walk past the one tank, the two males are always mating...My family gets a kick out of it---

Missymonkey
07-29-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by CornsnakeKeeper
the two males are always mating

you mean together? like gay turtles? (not that there's anything wrong with that)

hmm I'll be darned

Kilojara16
07-29-2002, 02:53 PM
I doubt my brother is going to get a turtle anytime soon. He has a short attention span and would soon get bored with it (Does this frequently with his toys and video games) and whine and moan about feeding it and cleaning its tank:rolleyes: . It wouldn't last. He needs to learn responsiblity before my parents even consider letting him get one.
As for my dad, He was thinking about getting an indigo one day. I don't know much about those, but I'm happy that my dad likes snakes. He said he couldn't wait til next year's show. :D

Gregg
07-30-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Missymonkey

you mean together? like gay turtles? (not that there's anything wrong with that)

hmm I'll be darned

You funny, Missymonkey!

I wonder how one would tell if they have gay turtles? By their little leather caps? By the rainbow bumper sticker they have on their shells? By the fact that their tank is the one that is always neat and immaculate, and..."simply a darling show place, if not just a bit gaudy?" It has a little sign inside that reads: "Tank design by that bald-headed guy on the Discovery channel."

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

SilverTongue
07-30-2002, 01:14 PM
I wonder how one would tell if they have gay turtles? By their little leather caps? By the rainbow bumper sticker they have on their shells? By the fact that their tank is the one that is always neat and immaculate, and..."simply a darling show place, if not just a bit gaudy?" It has a little sign inside that reads: "Tank design by that bald-headed guy on the Discovery channel."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE THAT BALDHEADED GUY ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!! I dont have a home decorating bone in my body, but he sure makes it look easy and look good!!![

Gregg dont forget that those turtle shells would be the most pristine and well kept turtleshells with the brightest shine to them!;)

Warren
07-31-2002, 12:18 AM
Hi Kilojara 16,

Just something for your you and your Dad to think about. Indigos are kewl snakes but they can be messy. Their matabolism is much faster then some other type snakes. They may poop as much as at least every other day. Kewl to have but a lot of cleaning.
Also check with your state about having them. Some states require permits and I believe some states do not allow the keeping of Indigos all together.
I know your Dad may not be getting one tomorrow but... just that when he does he may need to do a little research.
Enjoy your animals. They can be a great source of FUN!!

Take Care!!
Warren

Tenacious_Ash
08-07-2002, 07:52 AM
has there ever been any reports of gay corn snakes? :eek:

kenalotia
08-07-2002, 08:39 PM
I don't know whether there have been any reports of gay corn snakes, but from what I know, there are instances of homosexuality in most species, all the way from insects to rodents to humans. That's why I think it's funny when people claim that homosexuality is "unnatural." LOL. I think it's nature's population control.

Tenacious_Ash
08-08-2002, 07:25 AM
haha, i never looked at it like that :)