PDA

View Full Version : dogs and snakes

dogs and snakes

herpcrazy
07-28-2002, 08:13 PM
do dogs and cornsnakes do good together

CornsnakeKeeper
07-28-2002, 09:55 PM
In the same room? I see no problem. At least if you are holding it or it's in a cage. To crawl around and play together. Nope. Not in the snake's best interest! or the dogs, if ya have an aggressive corn...

JaketheTick
07-28-2002, 10:34 PM
I have five cornsnakes, all of whos cages are on the floor, and a Jack Russell Terrier, who lives in doors. Even when i have the snakes out, holding them, the dog will come right up to them and pay them absolutely no attention. However, snakes and dogs are an inherently bad mix, id never trust the dog alone with the snake out.

Colleen
07-29-2002, 02:13 AM
I guess it depends on the dog. My dog still goes nuts every time we have the snakes out. And he continues to sit for hours and stare at them in their tanks. I could never have the snake cages on the floor of I'm afraid that Sammy would have an expensive meal!!

Colleen

herpcrazy
07-29-2002, 08:22 AM
I have a outdoor dog but it comes inside sometimes and I just wanted to make sure.

jjunner
08-16-2002, 04:45 PM
my dog walks around my corn in circles... until my snake gets annoyed and strikes. always hits too, right on the nose. i think my dog is more scared of my snake.

SilverTongue
08-17-2002, 02:27 AM
LoL My tiny tiny baby snow Blanka is alway s on the move day or night. And my cats and her are always checking eachother. I swear they are all SOOOO very curious about eachother. One day I was moving some stuff in their cage I dodnt notice Blanka get to the top of the tank. And it was like right out of E.T. Their noses touched and I looked up freaked and grabed my tiny tiny snake LoL I about died! But after it was all over I realized THAT WAS SOOO CUTE!! Lets not let that happen again!

Kilojara16
08-17-2002, 01:15 PM
I handled my baby for the first time yesterday, and my two dogs and cat were with me when I was holding her. My boxer noticed her moving in my hand and came in for a closer look. I kept him away at a safe distance, so he was sniffing the air to find out what it was and cocked his head to the side in curiousity. Then my baby started to reach out toward him, flicking her tongue to smell him. I thought it was funny.

caseysgramma
08-18-2002, 12:53 AM
My dalmatian knows the command "leave it." It basically means "don't even think about it." So when my son got Casey (his okeetee), we would tell the dog "leave it" when he wanted to play with the snake. Now it is hilarious. Casey loves to check out the dog. The dog will lay there as still as he can, while the snake squirms all around him. Except for the top 3 inches of his tail, which is wagging like there is no tomorrow. This is one of those don't try this at home things though. I may be a snake newbie, but I know what I'm doing with dogs. My dog is very well trained. I would NOT let them be together otherwise.