PDA

View Full Version : And another new critter.......

And another new critter.......

Rich Z
07-29-2002, 03:41 AM
http://www.serpenco.com/pics/babies/projectcorn56.jpg

pewter
07-29-2002, 04:25 AM
looks like an amber, but would you call an amber a projekt corn???

Jimmy C.
07-29-2002, 09:54 AM
Oh man!!!! I love this little guy. Great snake Rich. What kind is it ?
Jimmy C.

Rich Z
07-29-2002, 11:44 AM
http://www.serpenco.com/pics/babies/amber53.jpg

Just for comparison.

Alicia
07-29-2002, 11:49 AM
Wow, that is really nice. Very pretty colors. It will be interesting to see how this one turns out. You have had some really interesting animals hatch out this year:D

CornsnakeKeeper
07-29-2002, 12:04 PM
It's really pretty...but Rich, what is it?!

Rich Z
07-29-2002, 12:26 PM
It's getting to the point when I am beginning to produce animals that will be hard to figure out without knowing the background, much less doing without the proper genetic stock to work with.

This is, for now, a one of a kind animal, so I'm not inclined to spill the beans too early on the witch's brew needed to make one. If this line proves fruitful, then (maybe) I will tell what it's genetic mixture is composed of. First off I need to grow this one up, see what it looks like then, and coin yet another name for it.

I wasn't even going to post a photo of it, but I thought I would give you all something to think about........ :D

CornsnakeKeeper
07-29-2002, 12:29 PM
Darn! I would think that it is combining two recessive traits... but which ones? Wish I had all of those corns to work with...!:D

pewter
07-29-2002, 02:47 PM
Rich,

that game didnīt make fun if you tell us that we have to wait a few years till you tell us what it is :-(
itīs like when you say to someone else:" I would like to tell you something but Iīm not allowed to do that:-)"

but on the other hand I understand you. when I started to keep corns I thought that the beeders would tell how they make their colors...so I was really surprised that you all play nearly with open cards!

John Ohio Herps
07-29-2002, 05:22 PM
It looks to be a Crimson X Amber. hence the white background and lite brown blotching my best guess anyway...

HomeBreeder
07-29-2002, 05:37 PM
it'll be interesting to see how the caramel/amber plays in the wild with sunglow, bloodred, miami, and other such selectively bred specimen. Adding hypo (which seems to be less understood as time goes by, not more understood :) or motley also...

I agree, it looks like it may be a miami with caramel. Wonder how it will age, whatever it is?

Has anyone outcrossed their snows with bloodred stock? or blizzards? I wonder what a bloodred amber cross would look like over time...

So many questions, so little project space....

^Curtis

Simon
07-29-2002, 06:02 PM
Okay Rich,

Now you are getting too far...... you are now teasing us. You give us an animal to look at and doesn't tell us the name or if it's a new morph....how could you do this to all of us out there!!! You know that we can't resist on the looks of it.

It looks great!!!
Nice snake!!

Hope that it's going to be new morph for you!

Darin Chappell
07-29-2002, 06:13 PM
Well, Rich isn't going to tell us one way or another as to what that first baby is, so this guessing game means little or nothing at all. However, if I HAD TO GUESS . . .I'd say lav/amber.

The only thing about it I know for certain is that it's a nice looking animal. It'll be great seeing what it looks like in a few months and then as an adult!

Thanks for the mystery, Rich!

Darin

Susan
07-29-2002, 09:18 PM
I'd go a little farther and say Hypo Lav and Amber. I'll want one when they become available, and if I can afford it. The price tag on this combo is going to be pretty high!

LindsayMarie
07-29-2002, 09:37 PM
It does look to be mixed with the caramel gene! Honestly though, I have no clue :) *S* Very beautiful snake though! Congrats, Lindsay

Serpwidgets
07-30-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Susan
I'd go a little farther and say Hypo Lav and Amber. I'll want one when they become available, and if I can afford it. The price tag on this combo is going to be pretty high!
Amber is hypo. :)

My first impression is Lavender, dunno why. Caramel seems like a possibility, too, maybe Caramel+Lav. I'm guessing Lav and some other light-colored normal like miami. Too bad Rich was smart enough to name the image "projectcorn56.jpg" :(

There are a LOT of combinations that haven't been announced yet, so it's hard to say what any of the forms of anerythrism would look like when mixed with each other, except maybe Charcoal/Anery.

Thanks for at least sharing the pic though. It's an inspiration for me to keep looking for new combinations. :)

John Ohio Herps
07-30-2002, 07:20 AM
The reason I dont think it is Lavender Cross( i could be wrong stranger things have happend) Is that Lavenders have shown to be very dominant in breeding, and this animal really doesnt seem to show this, the eyes for one example. But thats just my 2 cents. have a nice day

HomeBreeder
07-30-2002, 12:10 PM
do I see a hint of bloodred in that snake? amber/bloodred?

I bet when rich is having a bad time he queue's this thread so he can laugh out loud at all the wild ideas's were coming up with.

Hey Rich - you remember those old contests, "Guess how many gumballs are in the jar and win a trip to Vegas" sort of things? How about you do a "name the genetic brew" contest and let the winner come apprentice with you for one week or two during hatching season, or something? Maybe have 5 or more snakes, of various age, with one or two "no brainers" in the mix, but also some of your project stock... if by some miracle you had more than one person actually get all the answers correct pick the winner from a hat of those persons?

Just an idea :)

SilverTongue
07-30-2002, 12:59 PM
That would be fun!!!

Walter Smith
08-04-2002, 08:14 AM
I would say an Hypo Caramel ( Amber ), but using type 'B' Hypomelanism. ???????? Close?

Walter

Shaky
08-04-2002, 10:41 AM
Give this snake a name, such as "John Doe" or something and keep everyone apprised of its progress each couple of months with pics.

Nate
08-05-2002, 08:35 PM
Lots of influential posts there :), I was thinking crimson right away and wondered about lavender....but the caramel stock makes you wonder and then throw in some flare from the wide range of stuff that is produced... sheesh !! Sure like to see it as an adult.. cause the baby is striking but shoot, all Rich's new stuff is striking or he wouldn't put it up :)

nova
08-06-2002, 11:53 AM
THAT WOULD BE FUN. I KNOW THAT RICH WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ANOTHER MORPH TO ADD TO HIS LIST. i BET TO MAKE SUCH A SPLASH HE WOULD USE HIS MOST PRIZED MORPH THAT HE CULTIVATED HIMSELF AS WELL. I AM SAYING LAVENDER MIXED WITH WITH EITHER CARMEL OR MAYBE BUTTER OR MIAMI

kenalotia
09-12-2002, 03:04 PM
I'm not going to venture a guess as to the genetic background of that snake. If it is a new morph, though, I have an idea for its name: the Milk Chocolate Corn. Milk for the white background and Chocolate for the blotch color. It looks pretty yummy! ... Or maybe I'm just hungry right now. :)

little twiglet
09-14-2002, 11:58 AM
all i can say is *WOW* and thats to all of your snakes!

Rainey
11-20-2002, 12:52 AM
I am totally impressed.

My guess is either, crimson and Lavender or bloodred and lavender. The head seems to have some grey, but I could be wrong.

WOW!!!

dartguy
11-20-2002, 09:56 AM
amber ghost -

Rich Z
11-20-2002, 11:28 AM
Unfortunately, this animal would more appropriately be named 'dead'. It was a pain in the butt feeder and completely insisted on ONLY feeding on live anoles that were left overnight with it. When the show season hit, I just couldn't keep up with it's demands.

Maybe next year I'll get a better one.

Rainey
11-20-2002, 12:42 PM
that's sad, I'm sorry to hear! just goes to show what happens when you hoard them all and dont' ship to Canada.

I'm totally joking Rich, that is too bad though it was a beautiful corn!

dartguy
11-20-2002, 06:50 PM
losing these beautiful guys is so sad - I just lost one of my favorite amel babies to mites :( - Better luck next year Rich - I would love to be on a list when you get a reliable line of them maybe in 4-5 yrs

dartguy
11-20-2002, 06:51 PM
love the morbid humor in the naming of it

drizzt_19
11-20-2002, 07:38 PM
Next time you get one like this that dont wanna eat,let me know i will gladly take him of your hands.

thanks,
Gregg
p.s. my email is drizzt_19@excite.com

Walter Smith
06-28-2003, 12:40 AM
Is this the product of Amber X Anery. 'A' ??
The "Golden Ghost"

Walter

Rich Z
06-28-2003, 02:50 AM
My lips are sealed.... :D

cj_corns789
07-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Very pretty corn snakes. I would not no what it is because im still new to corn snakes.:D

herphunter
07-06-2003, 07:02 PM
it looks like it has bloodred in it. it looks similar to some bloodreds ive seen,but a little lighter in color.is this another form of "bloodred", or am i completly off?

dfitzsim
07-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Based on the fact that he wants to eat Anoles. I would say he is part Miami Phase. Crossed with Butter.

Natasha
11-20-2003, 12:20 AM
Miami ghost?

ecreipeoj
01-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Very different and nice. Do you know, or can you give us your best guest as to the number of recessive genes this snake is homo for? That wouldn't be revealing the genetic make up too much would it.

I will be looking forward to seeing some more photos of this same type next year.

Dora G
05-15-2004, 12:16 PM
hey will you be selling this little guy?sorry wrong thread

usdmmark
05-09-2009, 11:46 AM
i would guess lavender amber.

maybe rich will tell us now that its been since 7 years :)

Shaky
05-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Well, ...I guess not, huh?
Maybe Rich doesn't look back at these threads any more

Rich Z
05-29-2009, 10:05 PM
You would think I would be smart enough to label photos, now wouldn't you? :-poke:

It looks like possibly a Hypo Lavender/Amber, but I have been getting so many different looking animals out of that project, I don't have a clue what is going on. I don't think they can all be the same phenotype, but if not, THEN what? :shrugs:

I do hope no one here thinks I have all the answers............ I'm probably at least twice as confused about this stuff as anyone else here.

DragonSpawn
06-06-2009, 06:09 PM
.......How Much?:grabbit: lololol:rofl::bowdown:

DragonSpawn
06-06-2009, 08:36 PM
I guess I should have looked at the date of the Thread. LOL :eek1::duck::)