PDA

View Full Version : force feeding

force feeding

luciano
02-15-2005, 11:44 PM
when force feeding (if necessary), what can i lubricate the food with, imean what is best? Water or Egg?
Thanx

MegF.
02-16-2005, 12:12 AM
I've heard of both being used. I don't know if there would be an issue of possible salmonella from a contaminated egg though.

Jason B.
02-16-2005, 12:42 AM
I forget what the process is called for eggs. pasteurization is it? But you can get eggs that they have virtualy eliminated the risk of dangerous bacteria.

countMEout
02-16-2005, 08:15 AM
hey jason pasteurization is the process of eliminating bacteria through the use of high heat. I am no expert in eggs but if you were to expose them to high heat for 15 to 30 seconds you might have a partially cooked egg. I highly doubt that is the sterilization process for eggs.

Mangrove
02-16-2005, 08:26 AM
why dont you try to brain a pinkey, this might trigger appitite? :eatpointe

Tim Madsen
02-17-2005, 01:42 PM
I've used vegetable oil or water on mouse tail pieces. This should be a last resort. When ever I have a hatchling that doesn't want to eat I use the following, in order. Live pinkie, lizard sented live pinkie, Brained pinkie, pinkie head, pinkie sented with chicken broth, live anole, force feed 1/2 inch piece of mouse tail. I always feed problem feeders at night in a deli cup in the dark.