PDA

View Full Version : when should I uprade from pinkies?

when should I uprade from pinkies?

bigpops22
02-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey guys, I just have a question about feeding. I dont have any problems with feeding, I just have a question about it to gain further knowledge on the subject. My corns are 6 months old each and eating properly. They are still eating pinkies. Should they still be eating pinkies, or when should i start feeding them fuzzies? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Adam

howiet4702
02-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Have you tried two pinkies in one feeding? If you have and he kept them down, I would say to move up to fuzzies.

pcar
02-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Hey guys, I just have a question about feeding. I dont have any problems with feeding, I just have a question about it to gain further knowledge on the subject. My corns are 6 months old each and eating properly. They are still eating pinkies. Should they still be eating pinkies, or when should i start feeding them fuzzies? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Adam

The best way to tell when to upgrade your feeding size is to look for the bulge that should be left by the food item. If you don't see a bulge at all, then you need to upgrade ASAP. If the bulge is smaller than you think it should be, then try feeding 2 pinks like Howie suggested. Watch the snake and make sure that he can keep the 2 mice down. Then the next feeding you can move to Fuzzies.

bigpops22
02-21-2005, 08:51 PM
K thanks alot guys...you answered my question perfectly.

Mangrove
02-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Well you can also go by the 1- 1/2 times thicker than the thickest part of the snake, that is what I go with but these guys seemed to answer it correctly.

pcar
02-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Well you can also go by the 1- 1/2 times thicker than the thickest part of the snake, that is what I go with but these guys seemed to answer it correctly.

I do this too, but trying to eyeball something like this sometimes a little tricky. This is really an aquired talent that needs to be practiced. I have talked to people that try and eyeball the size of the prey item and they either get too large an item or too small an item. Too small won't really cause a problem (other than making the snake hungry faster), but too large an item will cause the snake to regurge.

CAV
02-22-2005, 10:35 PM
It is rare that a snake regurges a meal that is too big, especially when you are talking about fuzzies and a six month old snake. ;)

KatieL
02-22-2005, 10:39 PM
It is rare that a snake regurges a meal that is too big, especially when you are talking about fuzzies and a six month old snake. ;)

Agreed, my 4 month old has been on fuzzies for a month.