PDA

View Full Version : Cause for concern?

Cause for concern?

howiet4702
02-21-2005, 06:32 PM
My snow shed yesterday and it was a little flakey. So today, I made sure all the skin was off. I used the moist paper towel trick like I have always used and it worked great. However, I noticed on her tail it is a little red. There is no open wound, and the skin is all off. Should I be concerned?

pcar
02-21-2005, 06:39 PM
how are you seeing red? could it be just the light showing through the snow? I have noticed on the very tip of the tail of all my snows and blizzards, a little shade of red. Never bothered to look into it. Hopefully someone can come along and say something that will help us both out.

howiet4702
02-21-2005, 06:42 PM
I don't think so Paul...I have never noticed it before. My thinking is that she irritated it last night while she was trying to shed. It might of gotten stuck on something and possibly pulled a little piece of skin off? It's not bleeding or anything...and it's just the very tip of the tail.

pcar
02-21-2005, 06:45 PM
If you don't have any blood, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Have you checked the shed skin or the viv for any flesh? I would just keep an eye on it and make sure that the snake doesn't contract an infection.

howiet4702
02-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I checked the old skin for some flesh but there was a bunch of pieces everywhere. I didn't see anything....She is my problem shedder. Everything I do doesn't work :D I will check for any unusual color change. I think she will be fine, but I kinda wanted some expert opinions. :)

pcar
02-21-2005, 07:01 PM
lol...You seem to worry a little too much Howie...Not that that is a bad thing.

how's the weather up there?

howiet4702
02-21-2005, 07:03 PM
lol...You seem to worry a little too much Howie...Not that that is a bad thing.

I know I do!! :o

As far as the weather, we had another 5 inches of snow late last night into early this morning...At least spring is right around the corner...:D

How's it down in there?