PDA

View Full Version : Miceprices

Miceprices

Vegas
02-22-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm buying a load of mice, 100 of them to be exact. I'm getting my juvenile cornsnake this weekend and I found a guy that sells mice. 29 cents per pinky, he takes 43 cents per fuzzy. Now, this seems like a bargain to me but I thought I'd check with you guys first, is this a good price or what are mice usually priced at? :)
I was thinking of buying 50/50 pinkys and fuzzys. Hope it will stay good in the freezer, wont need to buy more in a loooong time. :)

hediki
02-22-2005, 07:21 PM
yea that sounds good.

KatieL
02-22-2005, 08:48 PM
I agree, that is a very good price.

ucaqt
02-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Check out TheMouseFactory.com

Prices are Pinkies <100 25 cents a piece. Fuzzy <100 35 cents a piece

KatieL
02-22-2005, 10:13 PM
That would be good, except it looks like he is in sweden, and I don't the The Mouse Factory ships overseas. Could be wrong though...

princess
02-23-2005, 04:06 AM
Vegas, I get my fuzzies for 250kr for 100 but I'm about to buy 5kgs of assorted sizes for 300kr. I guess this doesn't help you seeings you're a long way away and these are Southern prices....The price you're quoted sounds pretty good otherwise. Check that your juvie isn't already onto fuzzies before you buy a whole lot of pinkies...or you might have to get another snake!

Galadriel
02-23-2005, 05:07 AM
princess , do you know if TheMouseFactory ships pinkies to Norway?

princess
02-23-2005, 05:51 AM
No idea Galadriel, I get my mice from a wholesaker in Copenhagen -the prices I quoted in the other post were converted to Swedish kr for Vegas' benefit. The 5kg price is 250DKK.

Vegas
02-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Ok, that's indeed a good price Princess. :)
This guy I'm buying from lives in Stockholm but he says it's ok to ship to Gällivare, it's about 1000km. I don't think theMousefactory ships international since mice thaw and get ruined pretty fast (I assume).
Yes I will check if the snake is on pinkys yet or moved on to fuzzys, I doubt it did though seeing he's not that big but I could be wrong. :) (why do I automatically say "he" when I don't know what sex is it yet. :headbang: )

EDIT: How long does 100 fuzzys last? I know there's no absolute answer this and that, it's not written in stone but approximately? must last quite long no?

Mangrove
02-23-2005, 11:49 AM
I have a quick question? is it beter to buy frozen mice online or in the store, and if onlince in bulk?? thanks in advance MANGROVE :shrugs:

Vegas
02-23-2005, 12:02 PM
I think onlineshops have better prices then petshops, so if you wan't it cheaper I believe it's better, other from that I don't know.

luvofthechase
02-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Well, if you are feeding weekly, and only feeding one rodent per meal, you would be looking at 2 years supply! the truth is though, your snake will probably get big enough to eat 2 smaller (pinks or fuzzies) in one meal long before that, so that supply would probably last you a year or so. You may ask if you can break up the order into 50 smaller sized/50 next size up (ie pinkies/fuzzies)

TrpnBils
02-23-2005, 12:47 PM
How long does 100 fuzzys last? I know there's no absolute answer this and that, it's not written in stone but approximately? must last quite long no?
That all depends on how many your snake is eating at a time and how often you feed him. But if you're going at, say, 1 fuzzy per week then it would last you like 2 years. Of course this won't be completely right because your snake is going to get bigger and either be eating more fuzzies at a time or a different size of mice (in which case you could get another snake to finish off the fuzzies :))

moreptiles
02-23-2005, 02:10 PM
A good rule of thumb for buying online is that for one snake it is better to buy locally from a pet store because the cost of shipping online makes up for the lower cost per mouse. For two or more snakes, then it is cheaper to buy online. So the best solution if you only have one snake is to get a second snake and then buy the mice online.

Mark