PDA

View Full Version : Good use of those thingymerbobbers...

Good use of those thingymerbobbers...

Quigs
02-27-2005, 01:51 AM
My wife went up to a local fast food joint this afternoon/evening after some milkshakes. Evidently, the gal that was waiting on her was in a hurry.

We were sitting here enjoying our treats and laughing because they put shakes in a "drink caddy" but realisticly it was three drink caddy's stuck together not just one.

Jen was getting ready to toss them out, when I got an idea! Of course she groaned but let me have my fun.

This is what I came up with...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Quigs/mice%20and%20racks/100_0271.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Quigs/mice%20and%20racks/100_0272.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Quigs/mice%20and%20racks/100_0273.jpg

Tonight was also mouse cage cleaning night, so I got to try out my new idea. Needless to say, the mice are loving it and we had quite a chuckle watching 'em play with their new found hide/toy/chew.

Enjoy!

Jason B.
02-27-2005, 02:08 AM
Mice can be fun to watch. I sometimes throw stuff like that in thier cages, paper towel rolls ect.They really have a ball with new things to play with in thier cages. cute
You southern folks do get amused easily though. Three drink cadys is funny? :shrugs: (just giving Quigs a hard time).

CAV
02-27-2005, 02:14 AM
I don't get it. Why would you want to carry out your mice? Do they just like to travel? :shrugs:

:roflmao:

Quigs
02-27-2005, 02:17 AM
I was debating on whether not I wanted to post this pic as well. Even though we had just cleaned this cage, it looks rather messy.

We use alot of household type things in the rodent cages. Often times paper towel and toilet paper rolls in the racks. I decided to try this a couple months ago and they seem to love it as well!

It is a full sized tissue box (Puffs, I believe) cut in half. It doesn't matter how you set it up, the mice tend to rearrange it however they want!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Quigs/mice%20and%20racks/100_0276.jpg

The brown round thing at the top center of the pic, is a piece of premium dog food. We give all our mice this treat about once every month or two.

The shredded paper on the right is a few squares of very cheap toilet paper. Eventually sometime tonight or tomorrow morning that will all end up inside the tissue box made into a nest. All our mice (even those in the racks) get this treatment every week, yeah you could say they are a bit spoiled but they really seem to enjoy it and they produce lots of babies, and we like that! Good trade off, we think.

[note: We maintain mouse racks and a few aquariums that house mice. We only give the tissue boxes and drink caddy's (thus far) to those in the aquariums.]

Quigs
02-27-2005, 02:34 AM
You southern folks do get amused easily though. Three drink cadys is funny? :shrugs:
Glad you mentioned that, Jason! We were actually laughing at how you yanks only get one drink caddy for two drinks! Pftt..

"That there is funny, I don't care who you are!"

"Lord, I applogize for making fun of yanks, Jason B. and for all the starvin pygmies down there in New Guinea. Amen." ~Larry the Cable Guy

Jason B.
02-27-2005, 02:39 AM
honestly I think you southern guys are nice people, here in Baltimore if they gave us to many thingymerbobbers they better duck, 'cus it's comming back. :sidestep:

CAV
02-27-2005, 02:42 AM
I'm curious if the mice in the tissue box are actually trilingual. I can understand 1, maybe 2, but all 3 languages? :bowdown:

Spirit
02-27-2005, 02:45 AM
I put one of those drink trays in my snakes viv when he was little. Cute!

Great pics, Quigs.

Jason B.
02-27-2005, 02:50 AM
:-offtopic why is everyone in the thingymerbobbers thread insted of chat tonight?
oh and Quigs thanks for telling us it was Puffs brand. I need to know, was it the kind with aloe vera?

Quigs
02-27-2005, 02:57 AM
I don't see you in chat, wise guy!

Yep Jason...I do believe it in fact was Puffs Plus with Aloe Vera! How many languages could you read on the back of the box there?

LOL

Bluebeard
02-27-2005, 04:06 AM
The brown round thing at the top center of the pic, is a piece of premium dog food. We give all our mice this treat about once every month or two.

only once every month or two? is it not a good thing to often? i mix pedigree healthy performance, high in protine in with nutra blocks and seed mix for my gerbils? should i not put so much in? or is it ok?

luvofthechase
03-02-2005, 02:23 PM
some feed more, some feed less. use whatever works for you :)

pcar
03-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Quiggs...just thought that a real Yank would give you a lesson here. Jason is from Baltimore, which is sound of the Mason Dixon line. Which means that he is not a Yank. I on the other hand was born straddling that line, and thus considered half yank half southerner.

Quigs
03-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Paul...

Actually it was all a joke. JAson and I were having fun at each others expense. In fact, I'm not a Southerner either!

BTW...I was always taught if you were born in the North and moved to the south you were a "God Damn Yankee" :shrugs:

:roflmao:

CAV
03-02-2005, 05:08 PM
BTW...I was always taught if you were born in the North and moved to the south you were a "God Damn Yankee"

Only if you stay. :)

Jason B.
03-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Quiggs...just thought that a real Yank would give you a lesson here. Jason is from Baltimore, which is sound of the Mason Dixon line. Which means that he is not a Yank. I on the other hand was born straddling that line, and thus considered half yank half southerner.
Yes true but the Maryland culture is northern I feel like I am in the south when I drive about 1/2 hour into virginia.

As long as we're on the subject you all may find this funny. When I was younger a friend and I got summer jobs in mertle beach SC. The day we got there We where sitting in a bar discusing what fun we were going to have down there. I over heard a tough looking group of southern men talking about us. One saying to the others "ya know whats worse then them yankies comming down here for vacation, the ones that don't go home". I was told later that was the locals bar to stay away. lol always thought that was kind of funny.
Truth is from my trips to the south most people I have met were very nice and friendly.

pcar
03-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Only if you stay. :)

I have heard this too, and yes, I am a yank that has stayed...but I stayed because of reasons out of my control.