PDA

View Full Version : Fear of snakes = Death of snakes

Fear of snakes = Death of snakes

Colleen
07-31-2002, 02:39 AM
Today when my husband went to work(he is chief of security at a college) he was told that there had been some excitement in the kitchen area. A woman found a " Big Scary" 20 inch snake in there and she demanded that the guards track it down and KILL it!!! :( As the guard was describing it to him, he realized it sounded a lot like a Corn, and of course it was! He says it was purplish-pink but not a snow. He thinks it was a Lav!!!! Some kid at the college is gonna be really upset! I just can't believe that this woman couldn't be happy with the snake being put outside, it had to DIE! :mad:

Well at least it won't happen again because my Hubby left orders for all of the guards that in the future once the "offending" snake is contained, he is to be called to handle it.

Ok rant over !!

Colleen

SilverTongue
07-31-2002, 02:40 AM
I hate ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Simon
07-31-2002, 05:02 AM
I just hate people without knowledge out snakes......'ah~~snakes, they're scary and a dog/cat isn't and they're considered cute...'
don't you just hate people without knowledge of a good animal, espeically lovely ones like corn snakes.....

Elaphe_Mo
07-31-2002, 08:50 AM
I've almost been kicked out of my house because of my landlord's fear of snakes...even though he knew about them up front and they are in the lease. I make extra sure all the cages are always secure because he swore if he ever saw one out in the house he would kill it. :( Why can't people just leave them alone instead of killing them?

Iris
07-31-2002, 12:55 PM
That's so sad...
One of my babies is about 20 in and it isn't big at all. How could that scare someone?
My mom constantly threatens to kill my snakes if I don't do more chores, etc. but I know she's bluffing because 1. She is too scared to go near the tank and 2. She's not nearly evil enough to ever do something like that.

Colleen, I'm very glad your husband issued that order for them to not kill any more snakes.

Kilojara16
07-31-2002, 02:53 PM
My mom says if my corn escapes, and she finds it, it's gonna lose it's head. So I bought a tank that has a built in lid that I can't see any snake escaping from unless it figures out how to push the pins out and sliding the lid open (Snakes aren't that smart, are they?) And I know she'd do it to, she chopped of a snakes head before (she says it ate her rabbit in a outside pen). I hope I can change her mind about snakes, or corns at least.

SnakesRus007
08-06-2002, 01:17 AM
my mom used to be scared of snakes terrified but when i got my corns she started to like them she says their cute now im glad i changed he mind about snakes ... my stepdad cuts grass and hes killed a bunch of snakes but know ive taught him about the snakes so he either leaves them alone for brings them to e so i can see them enjoy them and release them in my huge backyard ........... plus snakes are good they get rid of pests

SilverTongue
08-06-2002, 02:16 AM
Too bad they dont get rid of those missionaries on the bikes who dont understand that you dont want their flyers! LoL

little twiglet
08-06-2002, 07:14 AM
How could anyone be so scared by such a beautiful creature it makes me so angry that people are so ignorent and ........... ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Please say they didn't kill it???