PDA

View Full Version : How long after blue will they shed?

How long after blue will they shed?

Skeet
02-28-2005, 01:20 PM
When I got buffalo bill he shed 2 days after i got him, but then refused to eat for a month. Well he's eating great now, always goes right for the pinky, but won't swallow it untill the container is closed. He hasn't shed in 3 months. He went into blue last week, and his eyes were blue for two days. it's now been 4 since they went back and still no shed. how long after they're eyes change back will they shed?
He's about a foot and 3 in. The humidty is about 40%, i have a 2nd water bowl right under the heatlamp to raise the humidity.
Should I be concerned that he hasn't shed yet?

luvofthechase
02-28-2005, 01:41 PM
ive heard of snakes taking up to a week after the blue faze to shed. i wouldnt be WORRIED untill then.

snakemom3
02-28-2005, 02:18 PM
My snake sheds anywhere from 2-6 days after is eyes clear. I think you are doing what you need to--maybe mist him once a day with a spray bottle and he should shed soon.

CAV
02-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Now that he is eating, how much and how often are you feeding him? Three months is kind of a long time between sheds for a little guy.

howiet4702
02-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Now that he is eating, how much and how often are you feeding him? Three months is kind of a long time between sheds for a little guy.

Cav is right about not shedding for three months. I have a corn that regurged a few times and it took her 2 months to shed. Now her and the rest of my 04 babies shed once a month like clockwork.

Skeet
02-28-2005, 03:03 PM

He eats a medium sized pinky every 5-7 days, and has been getting really plump. after he started eating he regurged once and has been on track ever since. so there was like a month and a half of not eating. Today has been 8 days since his last feeding, and i'm waiting for him to shed so i can feed him again.

CAV
02-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Then you'll probably be fine once his appetite gets back up to speed. :)