PDA

View Full Version : strange looking refuse

strange looking refuse

Skeet
03-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Bill just let this one go, it look like a really big piss. is it normal? he just shed last night, and ate.

Cindy
03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
That looks small in size and totally normal in my experience of snake effluents, why are you concerned?

Skeet
03-01-2005, 07:33 PM
I've never seen poop that looked anything like that. i thought it might be something wrong, it was goey not watery.

jazzgeek
03-01-2005, 07:38 PM
a really big piss
snake effluents
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Ah, Yanks and Brits.....separated by an ocean and a language.

regards,
jazz

Drizzt80
03-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Is he in the cage alone? It possibly looks like the telltale signs of a mating in my opinion . . .

D80

Skeet
03-01-2005, 09:50 PM
they are housed togather but it's imposible that they mated. one is just getting over a regurge issue and wouldn't have had the strength in weeks. also the yellow u can see in the picture looks like normal yellow poweder thats in a stool, but no black part.

Drizzt80
03-01-2005, 10:26 PM
It could just be extra urates that are passed, BUT if you have two corns housed together . .. .
A. Breeding is definitely NOT impossible
B. Which corn left the mysterious poo?!

A and B are moot points if you actually witnessed the snake passing this mysterious substance. If that's the case, then it's poo and may mean nothing, may mean something. Tough to tell.

An excellent example for those arguing against housing corns together.
D80

JTGoff69
03-01-2005, 10:26 PM
What does it look like now that it has dried? That might give us a better picture of things. I know I've seen that in my younger snakes, eating mice without fur.

MichaelBoyko
03-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Ewww. I get enough of poop over here... 8-P

Skeet
03-01-2005, 11:27 PM
What does it look like now that it has dried? That might give us a better picture of things. I know I've seen that in my younger snakes, eating mice without fur.

I cleaned it right after the picture, with a paper towl. it looks like the yellow powder thats always there and thats it, the liquidy substance is gone and there is no smell.

Drizzt80 - I have read all the threads about keeping them togather or not. And it's my decision to keep them togather. they are both male and clutch mates. And aside from what so many of you preach, i belive that they do enjoy the company.

Drizzt80
03-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Wasn't preaching, and respect your decision made after research. Since information wasn't given as the sex of your snakes, I was seeking information on helping you solve your problem.

Good luck.
D80

PS. Clutchmates will have nothing to do with breeding possibilities and it's safe to say that people more experienced than me have made mistakes sexing snakes. It's a possibility . . . I also stated it may just be extra urates passed. Either way, was just trying to help. Again, good luck in your search for information.

gardenmum
03-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Well, I have to say, my first impression when I saw that picture and before I read Drizzt's reply was that it looked like the "leavings" after a snake breeding. It has "that look" and being gel like also. My thought is that either one of your snakes is not a male as expected to be, or one of your males got "excited" by the other male and the high hormones during breeding season and left a puddle behind. And, yes, if you have two together, it makes no difference if one is not feeling up to par, they would still breed if they are of opposite sexes. The primeval urges at this time is a bit stronger than the yucky feelings of being a little under the weather.

Of course, I am saying this by just seeing that picture and not in person so it could be a defecation I guess, I just have not seen one like that myself.

Actually, if one regurged, it may be prudent to put that one in a "recuperation" container till it is back on it's "feet" again. Just to be sure that it is getting the rest and quiet time and extra TLC it needs seeing as a regurge takes a lot out of a snake. This is not written as a bash to you on keeping them together (although I personally wouldn't suggest that to anyone) but just when ill it seems prudent to do this. This way also, you can be sure you diagnosed the right snake as the sick one and can make sure it gets the extra TLC it needs. Just a thought.

noelsmum
03-02-2005, 10:15 AM
I suppose a relevant question- before we get too involved in the breeding vs. excrement discussion:

How old are your snakes? :rolleyes:

Skeet
03-02-2005, 10:52 AM
i'm not totaly sure they're age i've had them for 4 months and they were about 11 inches each when i got them. i'd say they are maybe only 6 months

Skeet
03-02-2005, 10:56 AM
gardenmum- i hear what your saying, and i guess i should get them resexed. is it possible that they could be mating this early in life? i remmember reading that they could mate at 2 months but i'm assumiong thats rare. i'm gonna split them up untill i get them resexed.
thanx
Lets say that the did mate....would the one who let that out be the female?

luvofthechase
03-02-2005, 12:29 PM
no, if it IS from breeding, the "leavings" would have come from the male (just like people).

Skeet
03-02-2005, 12:50 PM
i thought it could've been a creampie. it deffinatly isn't from breeding then, b/c i saw it being released and it was like a poop. and the other one is a snow, and i can see that it's male.

Vinman
03-02-2005, 01:01 PM
I was glad that I could help you, call me at home if you need my help. It was nice chatting with you on the phone.

gardenmum
03-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Oh, these are '04 babies? I took it by your reply that they are housed togather but it's imposible that they mated. one is just getting over a regurge issue and wouldn't have had the strength in weeks to mean that they were old enough to breed. Sorry about that. If they are only 18" or so '04's then I certainly doubt that it is from a breeding attempt. I have not seen mine have excrement in gel form like that but certainly could be so.

I am curious, you say that the one that regurge hasn't had the strength in weeks? Is it continueing to regurge? Because, if it is, and actually even if it isn't, if it is not gaining strength you seriously might consider taking it to the vet as going that long of time in ill health could mean not getting better.

I still would suggest taking the sick one out into its own container while it got better at least. Not only for its comfort but in case the regurge was due to something catchy that the other can get.

Good luck.

Skeet
03-02-2005, 03:45 PM
thank you, but skeet has just gotten over the regurges....he kept two down and he's getting fed tonight..knock on wood...he's getting his strength back, but i don't think he'd be up for a romp. they both went through a reguruge phase b/c it got really cold in my apt in one week, and i didn't have a heatlamp yet.