PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

A few questions

CrazyCorn
08-01-2002, 02:45 PM
Ok I was wondering if in theory: if i could house my male and female together if they are the same size and age and what would be a problem if any?

Another question, What are the proper temps for incubating eggs? And how long does it take?

Yet another question,with crocs and other types of herps i know you can adjust the heat to a certain temp for a certain sex,is this true with corns?

And what is the "right size" for a male? And how old should the breeders be?

Thanks,and any tips will be helpful,looking to breed next year! BTW i have dot my mom and me addicted to corns and we might pick up 3 at the daytona show! LOL :D

Jimmy C.
08-01-2002, 03:15 PM
Hi,
You can house male and female together but if they are sexually mature she will become gravid. Now if she is too young it can cause her problems. She could become egg bound and from what I understand it could shorten her life.
I have never breed my snakes so for temp for eggs I cannot remember but I know it takes about 60-65 days depending on the temp.
I dont think temp. affects the sex in snakes.
I hope that I helped,
Jimmy C.

If you bought a book on Corn Snakes "the Corn snake manual" you would all the answeres to any question you could have.

Iris
08-01-2002, 04:54 PM
Ok I was wondering if in theory: if i could house my male and female together if they are the same size and age and what would be a problem if any?
-Jimmy pretty much covered that.

Another question, What are the proper temps for incubating eggs? And how long does it take?
-Not sure exactly how many days, but 60-65 sounds about right. It took our eggs about 2 months to hatch.

Yet another question,with crocs and other types of herps i know you can adjust the heat to a certain temp for a certain sex,is this true with corns?
-I'm 99.9% positive that this doesn't work with corns.

And what is the "right size" for a male?
-As long as he's over like 2 feet he should be able to do the job.

And how old should the breeders be?
-The age isn't important, the size is. The female should be at least 3 feet and males can be tried earlier.

Thanks,and any tips will be helpful,looking to breed next year! BTW i have dot my mom and me addicted to corns and we might pick up 3 at the daytona show! LOL :D
-Good luck! :D