PDA

View Full Version : my beginner breeders post

my beginner breeders post

Julie F
08-01-2002, 10:00 PM
hello,

here's my idea for small breeders (know your taxes and financial plans):

i recently had an oppertunity, litteraly bite me, or crawled into my hand. a few months ago i rescued an eastern milk snake from a person that was going to kill her, almost a month later she laid 12 eggs. i let her go in a refuge, she never ate for me. anyways, the eggs are due after labor day, i constructed a nice incubator for them for about 20 dollars. anyways, my dad was looking for a way to start a simple little casual business to write stuff off. i told him about the eggs that i was keeping a secret, and how i could sell them, and we could write off the heating bill, and other things associated with the snakes. he actually said it could work. so this fall i'll be selling my hatchlings (and yes i have a permit to sell them, ship, ect.) at some shows, or to some kids on campus interested in snakes. next year i'm going to breed my male snow who's het for green blotched with a female snow. i also ordered a pair of anery ziggy's from kathy love. that's all the snakes i want for now, and have room for, 2 pairs. but my family isn't looking to really make money, just to write some stuff off, and me it's a fun hobby, and hey, it'll pay for books atleast.

Julie

Missymonkey
08-02-2002, 01:58 PM
My mother has an inhome day-care, so they write off tons of stuff (all legaly too I might add), so we would buy the boxes of expensive cereal and juice, the kids would eat a bowl or two and we ate the rest...to bad snakes don't need things like a porsche or jacuzzi....

bmm
08-02-2002, 02:51 PM
I dont understand...

what it "Het for green blotched"

I have never heard of such a thing. (not trying to be rude) I have snows myself, and one has all green blotches as well, but I call him, and everyone I know calls him a "normal snow"

What exactly is "green blotched" ? Just curious. Never seen that on any breeder websites or genetic websites for corns.

bmm

Julie F
08-03-2002, 12:01 AM
from what fluffy's breeder told me, and what i've heard in the cs manual, and SMR's website, a snow with light green dorsal saddles. i've seen a few pictues of them, i think on the SMR website.

Alicia
08-03-2002, 01:02 AM
Green Blotch Snows are listed for sale on SMR and Kathy Loves web sites. There is a pic on SMR.

bmm
08-03-2002, 01:36 AM
I think I just didn't realize that this was something they could be "het" for. :)

bmm