PDA

View Full Version : Frist ever shed!! Woohoo!!

Frist ever shed!! Woohoo!!

RaiseD
08-01-2002, 10:17 PM
Hi yall this is only to tell you that my little okeetee has had his first ever shed!!! Hurray!! i was so worried as to wether my snake would be healthy and all that now its a big step forward!! As most of you know this is my first snake and hopefully not my last. i only wanted to share with you this happy event! i fed her up right after with a big living pinkie ( first time eating living pinky ).

I hacve a question for yall do you keep all of your shed?? cause thats what i wanted to do and how much time should i see another shed?? she's 1 month old now

Thanks,
RaiseD

Vedica
08-01-2002, 10:20 PM
Congrats with the Okeetee. I know you are excited. Welcome to the wonderful world of snakes. Now you need to pester your parents so you can get a dozen more.
:D

Julie F
08-01-2002, 10:23 PM
i keep all of my sheds, i put them in a freezer bag, making sure there is no air in it. take a sharpie and mark the date of the shed on the bag. it's neat to watch the progress of the growth of the snake after you've had about 8 sheds. i fed my snake, when he was a hatchling weekly, and saw a shed every 4-8 weeks, in the winter he only shed every 8 weeks, but in april, may and june it was every 3-4 weeks, shedding depends on growth rate.