PDA

View Full Version : a crazy idea that might

a crazy idea that might

hediki
03-09-2005, 07:32 PM
i just came up with this crazy idea i drew(dont laugh :cool: lol) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/hediki/sdfsdf.jpg , i always wondered if a tweser would make a hatchling snake nervous seeing that its all shiny and stuff, so i just came up with that idea whe i read a post not too long ago that said hair cant be digested but it just passes trow the snakes digestive system no prob. i know its not the smartest idea but its interesting :cool:

Spirit
03-09-2005, 07:39 PM
I cannot believe you drew a picture. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: *snip* That rules. :laugh:

nick f
03-09-2005, 08:47 PM
I Normaly just drop the pinkie in and wach him go. But nice picture :)

MaeglinCalaelen
03-10-2005, 05:10 AM
do you sell the picture? :)

hediki
03-10-2005, 03:49 PM
do you sell the picture? :)

lol yes i do as of now :santa: $20,000 starting price, lol im jokin.

MegF.
03-10-2005, 08:34 PM
That just made me crack up!! The smile on the snake's face was the best part!

kathylove
03-11-2005, 02:25 AM
Your post brings back memories I had forgotten about...

When I was a teenager, I used to tie a string to dead chicks and drag them around in front of the snakes. I tied it so that it was barely attached to one of the toes and would fall off when the snake grabbed the chick. But I don't remember ever using hair - very creative! I might have used dental floss though.

Most snakes seem to find forceps very unobtrusive. My husband Bill has found that he can use a thin stick or snake hook to manipulate many species of snakes when photographing them. It appears that a fat finger or two in their face can set them to running away after they have "struck a pose", but still need their head turned slightly, etc. But a thin object such as a hook (or thin forceps) seems to go mostly unnoticed, even when it touches them to lift their head up or turn it slightly and so forth. So forceps might be the easiest route for offering food, and is the way that I do it when not using fingers.